1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I did. I put 3 degrees of caster to the perch. I got some of the inside framing done tonight but I need more steel. 16 feet of 1x2 was just enough for one rear window frame. Hopefully I can get some more on Monday morning. Sometimes I hate living in the middle of nowhere.

Seeing as everyone else hasn't been able to see the car from the side, I cleaned up the shop a bit.

null_zpscb33af0c.jpg

Hey Endicott

I gotta tell you...you are nailing the look here...

I saw you are from Havre MT....I have a lot of family in Malta MT...been there once in 2007...love your state (love the old cars that have survived too). I visited your fine town too...like 90 miles West of Malta I think...did a under the street town tour while we were there...

thanks for posting your build on here...I am learning a lot from it....

MikeC

I've got a question......what is going to keep those tall rear springs in place? It looks in one of the pics as the spring is already bowing to the outside, are you going to have a cover about halfway down on them? I see the shock is on the outside of the spring, so it can't keep the spring in check. Looks to me like you will need something, a cover over half the spring, or a telescoping center strut to keep the spring from bowing........[S

Getting the body strengthened up. Started with the passenger side and moved full circle around the rear window, drivers side rear, and then to the front. The hardest part was above the doors and the a pillars. Started getting the dash in place but ran outta argon and wire. Looks like I need a bigger bottle lol. Anyhow, some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

null_zps6cc245ea.jpg

null_zpsa650bfbe.jpg

null_zpsf83ce4b1.jpg

null_zps5c3f2cb6.jpg

null_zps32f0a031.jpg

null_zps10c5e50b.jpg

null_zpsdd14e7ca.jpg

null_zps691550a3.jpg

null_zpsde58f27b.jpg

null_zps2da2c54f.jpg

I didn't like the way the upper framework for the dash was turning out so I redid it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning when I get off of work. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the rest of the upper framework this weekend and then I can pull the body off again to finish the lower parts. As it sits right now, I don't have room to do the welding.

More framework going on. Now I'm thinking 96 feet of the stuff isn't enough. Oh well, it's starting to take shape and I'm liking the way it's turning out. Anyhow, here's so pictures.

Still gotta do some supports in the rear but until I get back out to the shop tomorrow, that's how she'll sit for the night.

Didn't do anything to the rat today but I did something for it. Made a trip down to Great Falls to get more steel. Hoping this weekend I can get the lower portion of the door frames built, maybe start working on the doors and get a few body mounts done. We'll see what happens.

Got some time in today seeing as I have the night off. Finished both rear quarter panel frame work. I know that it's overkill but I'd rather it be heavy and sturdy than flimsy and flapping in the wind. Especially since I'm not going to be running glass. Also got the passenger side door sill done up. I'm not entirely happy with how it is right now but when I do the rest of the frame work ill cut the little bit that's holding it to the a puller off and redo it properly. Sometimes trial and error is the best way to go. Anyhow, some pictures for y'all.

Tomorrow Ill do the drivers side and hopefully be finished with the body framework so I can move onto the doors. I'm figuring the body gave me enough practice that the doors shouldn't take much at all. But knowing my luck I'll screw things up and I'll have to do it again and again until I'm happy. We'll see. [;)[;)

Finished up the drivers side of the door sashes. I still have to tie the front together but I decided to move onto the doors for a change of pace. I'm gonna have to figure something out for latches cause I had to cut the handle off in order to get it apart. It was way too frozen in there even for pb blaster and heat. And you can see in one of the pictures the change I did to the upper dash support. I'll probably try to get the drivers side door done tomorrow so I can put it in place and see how all the body lines line up. I'm hoping I didn't screw things up too bad lol.

Well, didn't do too much today, things didn't go how I planned. Got the drivers door hung but I had to remove most of the bracing to get the body lines lined up and close all the way. Hopefully some time this week I can redo the framework. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about getting the curvatures of the doors right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back