Low $$$ Willys truck rebuild

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cab was set on about 2 weeks ago with some help of some neighbor fellows...never goes as smooth as I would like to see...

Firewall didnt line up...

So we welded a bunch of strips of 18 gauge sheetmetal...

Side view...trying to fill in the empty spaces....

After a day or so of grindin and fittin more sheetmetal...

Another view....every so slowly we go...

That is looking good.Im trying to put my 49 Dodge cab on top of a 93 s10 floor +firewall ,kind of like your doing.I aint worked on mine since March.I been to busy.

Hi everyone

I got the passenger side sorta kinda closed up some..

another view

If the thing didnt sit so darn high I would love to lose the fenders....how cool would that be...

Cant wait to get to turn the key part of it...

Mike,
You need to get the turn the key part done now.
I've found that if you can start it and rev it up a little every morning , it motivates you to get the rest of it done so you can go drive the thing.
Looking good. Keep hammering on it.

Out of curiosity, what made you want to use the floor and firewall from the S-10 instead of keeping the Willy's cab intact?

Hi 05snopro

I was going to but I am dumb as dirt and trying figure how to mate all that S10 stuff on a 62 Willys cab...not enough smarts for that...and the floor pan looked like this...

and this too..

This cab and the S10 too were both pretty rough...even by upstate NY standards...So I tried to figure it might be easier just to cut the Willys stuff out and mate the S10 stuff right where the GM guys put it all...so far I am still scratching my my head on the dash board...currently it is still all S10 with about 4" cut off each side...
Thanks for asking...

MikeC

Hi 05snopro

I was going to but I am dumb as dirt and trying figure how to mate all that S10 stuff on a 62 Willys cab...not enough smarts for that...and the floor pan looked like this...

and this too..

This cab and the S10 too were both pretty rough...even by upstate NY standards...So I tried to figure it might be easier just to cut the Willys stuff out and mate the S10 stuff right where the GM guys put it all...so far I am still scratching my my head on the dash board...currently it is still all S10 with about 4" cut off each side...
Thanks for asking...

MikeC

Ah, fair enough. It's just not a method I considered so I thought I would ask. You're making good progress, keep at it!

Latest posts

Back