GMC Colman 370

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so I leaned over with my phone and snapped a picture in the general direction of the casting number on the rear of the engine and came up with 3999293. Looked it up and it's a 66-84 366 Tall Deck Truck engine.

attachment.php

It has a Rochester 2 barrel with a governor on it. The distributor is the old points type that have the vacuum running to the governor through a spinner valve in the bottom of it. Non of the plumbing is hooked up so the governor is inoperable as it sits. Also note the distributor is installed about 90 degrees off.
Oh and because of the points dizzy we can narrow it down to a 66-74 366.

attachment.php

Yesterday I said the accelerator pump was not working but I guessed wrong as to why. I popped the top off the carb and found the problem pretty quick.

attachment.php

I pulled the plunger rubber off and put it on correctly and put the top back on. Between fixing the choke and now the accelerator pump, this beast starts right up and will rev up nice and smooth when you push on the gas pedal.

attachment.php

So after I get the water pump and some hoses replaced it'll be on to all the hydraulics on the clutch and the brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2352.jpg
    IMG_2352.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 41
Carb top looks clean. I bet whoever was in the carb accidentally took off the acc plunger cup, then put it back on wrong.

Latest posts

Back