Heads up Texas!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Heads up Tripper and everybody else in SE Texas and SW LA.......looks like that himacane is gonna wet y'all real good! Get to higher ground if you can! Good luck to all of y'all!

Heads up Tripper and everybody else in SE Texas and SW LA.......looks like that himacane is gonna wet y'all real good! Get to higher ground if you can! Good luck to all of y'all!

Luckily I moved out of the hell hole known as Houston 4 yrs ago. Also sold my house in Galveston at the same time. Now I live on a hill top 330ft above sea level 125 miles from the coast! I feel sorry for people who went through several big blows but still live on or near the coast! We are supposed to get nearly a foot of rain here & my pond will be very happy & my fields will too! Cows, goats & chickens are loving the cooler weather!

BoB

I saw on the news some areas may get 53 inches of rain! That's just frikken epic, can't imagine what kind of flooding that will bring. And the whole storm is just going to camp on the coast for days.

I saw on the news some areas may get 53 inches of rain! That's just frikken epic, can't imagine what kind of flooding that will bring. And the whole storm is just going to camp on the coast for days.

The pictures & vids my old friends from Houston are sending are truely unbelievable! Also saw an aerial view that would blow your mind! We got 20" out where I live & but no prob with flooding! My pond overflowed & our ducks are diggin' it! After hurricane Ike I decided to leave Houston & go for the high ground away from the coast... really glad I did!!!

Check this photo of one of the freeways not far from where I used to live! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• 610.jpeg
    610.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 26
My youngest son and his family moved to Tomball (just north of Houston) in February. I think they are wishing they had moved farther inland. They have had 14.75 inches of rain and the power is out today. At least no damage to their house yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
My youngest son and his family moved to Tomball (just north of Houston) in February. I think they are wishing they had moved farther inland. They have had 14.75 inches of rain and the power is out today. At least no damage to their house yet.

Pops, during Ike... I didn't lose power but nearly everyone I knew did! Some of them were without power for 3-6 weeks. My sister-in-law was powerless for 5 weeks. That is really brutal in Houston weather!!! :eek:

BoB

Yessir, flooding is always worse than wind storms that tear everything down. Stuff that is torn down can be replaced pretty quickly to restore power. When it floods, all that water has to disappear before you can turn power back on. These are the times when Mother Nature shows man what kind of mistakes we made with the world.

my mom and three brothers live in pearsall, they got a lot of wind and very little rain. my brother that lives in rock port is the fire chief of lamar vol. fire dept. stayed and rode out the storm at the fire house. says his house in rock port is good and he is safe but busy. now houston is another story, i have a lot of family in houston and the surrounding area. have heard from most, all safe some wet and some dry. they opening up the dams may change that.

Yessir, flooding is always worse than wind storms that tear everything down. Stuff that is torn down can be replaced pretty quickly to restore power. When it floods, all that water has to disappear before you can turn power back on. These are the times when Mother Nature shows man what kind of mistakes we made with the world.
And no doubt will continue to make.

Still keeping a good thought for all that are in "deep water".

Yoiks!!:eek::eek::eek:
There's always that one guy who thought he could make it. The guy in the man basket almost did.

WB, what you can't see is there were a bunch of cars in front of that 18 wheeler & they flooded out & the traffic kept stacking up behind them & the water rises *really* fast right there as the adjacent bayou overflows! It's a nightmare getting all those cars towed out after the water recedes. During Allison over a hundred cars got covered up!

It rains a LOT in H-town & there are several notorious spots where people lose cars every time there's a hard rain! There's a particular underpass near downtown that gets um every time! There are big signs that warn it's low & there's even a marker gauge on both sides showing the water depth. I was turning right at the light & a woman in a brand new ragtop BMW in front of me drove right into it... still had the paper dealer tags on! Totally disappeared & luckily she was able to get out & swim to safety. Pretty sure her old man & ins co weren't very happy! I know it wasn't funny but I laughed my butt off on my way home! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB

WB, what you can't see is there were a bunch of cars in front of that 18 wheeler & they flooded out & the traffic kept stacking up behind them & the water rises *really* fast right there as the adjacent bayou overflows! It's a nightmare getting all those cars towed out after the water recedes. During Allison over a hundred cars got covered up!

It rains a LOT in H-town & there are several notorious spots where people lose cars every time there's a hard rain! There's a particular underpass near downtown that gets um every time! There are big signs that warn it's low & there's even a marker gauge on both sides showing the water depth. I was turning right at the light & a woman in a brand new ragtop BMW in front of me drove right into it... still had the paper dealer tags on! Totally disappeared & luckily she was able to get out & swim to safety. Pretty sure her old man & ins co weren't very happy! I know it wasn't funny but I laughed my butt off on my way home! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB
If its not funny, why are there so many of us watching that kind of stuff on YouTube? [ddd:D

Latest posts

Back