1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice to build a bigger shop but not for the reason you're doing it. I hope your wife and you are coping well with this situation. Is the motor home your winter quarters?

It's nice to build a bigger shop but not for the reason you're doing it. I hope your wife and you are coping well with this situation. Is the motor home your winter quarters?

Thanks, bigger is better they say... life is often about compromise so turning it into something positive is the way to go. Got the trusses up today, gotta get it shingled tomorrow before it rains on Friday.
Yes, that's our 5th wheel we tow down to Arizona for the winter just a couple months from now.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 240
Thanks, the wife is doing better now so we're going take the Hennway to the Queen City Cruise in Nelson B.C., Sept 9-10, first time out to a show this year.
The Packard has been off to a slow start and now I'm enlarging my backyard shed to move my car habit out of the house garage -but- I will get it here and get a start on it before going south for the winter.
Good to hear the Chevole' is still out there, I had fun building that one :cool:

How was the Queen City Cruise? I guess I'll see you in Radium next year :)

That shop will be a nice place to spend some time, sorry to hear of the reason why, though.

attachment.php
How was the Queen City Cruise? I guess I'll see you in Radium next year :)

That shop will be a nice place to spend some time, sorry to hear of the reason why, though.

After a long dry summer, the forecast was rain in Nelson so we stayed home and I worked on the shop instead, got the roof on 10 min. before it rained ! Probably for the best, my wife did not need sitting in the rain, health wise and mood wise....

Attachments

• !cid_CC076D2A-DAE6-4BDA-95DF-B96B90E03359.jpg
    !cid_CC076D2A-DAE6-4BDA-95DF-B96B90E03359.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 191
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
The coupe arrived today at long last, I just shoved it all in the unfinished shop as the daylight was running out.
Body parts all there, tires, wheels, a 9" rearend plus a 302 SB Ford and AOD tranny - parts are coming together, now I need to get bangin' on the shop so work can commence on the Packard.

Attachments

• IMG_0647 (1).JPG
    IMG_0647 (1).JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 195
Shops looking really good, are you insulating and dry walling ?

Thanks, yes insulating and drywall for sure though first I need to get the siding on and finish mounting the garage door - then wiring - I need to run an underground 220 line and a subpanel so I can bring my welder, compressor etc. in.

attachment.php

After a long dry summer, the forecast was rain in Nelson so we stayed home and I worked on the shop instead, got the roof on 10 min. before it rained ! Probably for the best, my wife did not need sitting in the rain, health wise and mood wise....

Fair enough.

Radium ended up to be a beautiful day! A lot less hot rods than usual. More muscle cars. About 750 cars.

Outside of shop looks great, hope your weather is better than ours.

Yeah, we are so spoiled here in the valley, still picking apples in the sun :cool:

Nice work on the shop. How did you take that high angle pic?

Thanks Bob - standing on my back sundeck!:rolleyes:

The shop looks great! Now we expect even more from you! ;)

Thanks, though far from done - a nosy/jealous neighbor put in a complaint so I've been hit with a stop work order :mad::( Have to get this bump in the road sorted out now...

Thanks, though far from done - a nosy/jealous neighbor put in a complaint so I've been hit with a stop work order :mad::( Have to get this bump in the road sorted out now...

OH NO! Hoping you had the appropriate permits so the bump in the road will be easily sorted?!

Yeah, we are so spoiled here in the valley, still picking apples in the sun :cool:

Thanks Bob - standing on my back sundeck!:rolleyes:

Oh no! I hope that gets easily sorted out!

Any update on the stop order?

Major disappointment - I thought I was legit in adding on to my shed but not so... Turns out I have exceeded the max square footage for building on a slab (55 m2 or about 590 ft2).
Option 1. - Jack up the building, trim back the edge of the entire slab 6" and excavate 2' to form up and pour footings and foundation walls (interpretation - $$$$$$$!!!!:eek:)
Option 2. Cut off 6 1/2' from the addition to bring it to just under 55 m2

I picked option 2 (duh!) and have started the demo and reconstruction already.... it sucks badly but I'll still have a bigger work area than my garage, just another delay for the Packard since it's nearly time to go south, so it gets bumped again :(

Latest posts

Back