Tim...Ok's 48 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the intake is just sitting on it, but the rest of it is buttoned up and ready to go.. forged flat top 355,balanced ARP and Manley bolts,ported 2.02 heads with stainless valves, roller rockers,hydraulic cam just over .500 lift, gear drive :D:D

10-24-11106.jpg

In the immortal words of Al Pacino - "Say Hello To My Little Friend!!"

Nice looking motor...looking foward to hearing it run...make sure you upload a video when you do get it running.

-Troy

What casting are the heads? What kind of compression? Are those proform rockers?

What casting are the heads? What kind of compression? Are those proform rockers?

they are early 70's 487 castings..flat top, so I'm guessing 9.50:1..and blue rockers:D I don't know what kind they are, I got them from a buddy, but they seem to quality pieces, I'd say at least as nice as the gold cranes on my BBC..

and Troy, video definitely when I get it running..

thanks Snakefarm!!

thanks for looking..
Tim

Man I need some shop time:D Got my awesome valve covers from Lucky Devil, got more engine goodies, disc brake setup for my 56 ford front axle..and no time to install any of it:(..did get about 20 hrs of shop time last week, but it was for a paying customer..sucks being responsible sometimes:D:D

Tim

Haven't taken any pics, but I did get my front disc brakes all installed on my 56 front axle..cut off the old frame mounts for the motor and rebuilt those,I'm happy with them now..got one new edelbrock carb to go on the tunnel ram and one kinda rough looking one,at least i can use it for mockup for throttle linkage and get my air cleaner/scoop built..Pulled the mockup motor and tranny after I got the motor mounts done..gettin slowly closer, will try to take some pics this weekend..

thanks for lookin:D

Tim

Where's the new pics!! :)
Running really late, but here they are:D:D

Front brakes installed, rotors look a little crusty in the fins, but they are like new..I installed new bearings and seals with new "loaded" chevy truck calipers from O'Reillys

12202011005.jpg

After removing the remains of the steering column tube, I machined the end to accept a sealed roller bearing
12202011006.jpg

Shortened pitman arm I was asking about in the other thread
12202011007.jpg

I left the weld proud on the back side just for a little extra strength
12202011008.jpg

This is in the "almost there" mockup stage..Everything is just tacked and using junk bolts until I get it just the way I want it..
12202011011.jpg

12202011010.jpg

12202011009.jpg

Dropped the new motor and tranny in yesterday[cl:D Those are Lucky Devil valve covers :D
12202011004.jpg

12202011012.jpg

thats pretty much where I'm at as of today..
thanks for lookin...

Tim

Looks like it's coming along nicely Tim.....any idea on front shocks? Just wondering what you're going to use, and how you might mount them.....

Latest posts

Back