Tim...Ok's 48 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a little progress this weekend..Finally started putting my bed together..

04-08-12001.jpg

and built a battery box

04-08-12002.jpg

got the radiator mounted a while back

04-08-12006.jpg

04-08-12005.jpg

nosepiece still has a long ways to go..this used to be a pair of 54 international fenders:D

04-08-12004.jpg

Nice! Like a Track T nose only for a truck. The lines look just right too. Truck T nose? :D[;)

Hey Tim i just checked out your build looks good , i love your new shop looks like you have had alot going on OH nice harley your little helper looks like he's going to be a big boy withhis own harley anyway keep up the good work.

Mike

Thanks Eman, Mike,Flipper,Ray,jfg and everybody else..I appreciate the feedback, helps keep me motivated..
I gotta pick up some lug nuts today..I cut the center out of a stock ford wheel and gonna try to get it put in at least one of my 10" rear wheel shells this weekend..Actually already it got stuck in it, just gotta get it indicated in true and welded..

thanks,
Tim

Hey Ray,
I really haven't time to get much of anything accomplished..I did get one of the wheels welded up and installed but then discovered the hubcaps I want to run don't fit..I've got to find some that hold the cap from the inside instead of outside like most..Guess I've got a 15" x 10" spare..LOL Got my tailgate mostly done..Built a new perimeter of 1.25" square and round tubing and skinned it with an old International skin..Don't have it mounted yet though..

thanks for asking!!

Tim

Moving faster than me....

Looks good what you've done....lately for me it's been 1 step forward ten back...lol....nice work Tim...

Two months and basically nothing to show for it:(.. I machined the pieces for my tailgate hinges and got them partly installed..Picked up a set of alum pulleys for my motor, a new alternator..thats pretty much it..

Since he was gonna fix everything, I wonder if obama could make days longer than 24 hrs so I could get something accomplished?:D:D

Since he was gonna fix everything, I wonder if obama could make days longer than 24 hrs so I could get something accomplished?:D:D

[S I thought he already did..........it sure seems like it's been a looooooooooonng four years![ddd

It's been more than two months since I've accomplished anything significant on mine but I'm sure like you, it's not for lack of wanting to! Hang in there man, we'll get some garage time eventually. :cool:

Truck is AWESOME Tim! I have a 59 Chevy flatbed with a 56 front end on it that has a little thought in the back of my head that keeps sayin rat rod?
Nice progress cool truck![cl[cl

Thanks guys..

Man, I wish..I've been buying a few parts when I can..working on a new crossmember for the motor now..don't like the perches that I originally did..want a full crossmember under the motor..

got a 11 month old that still isn't sleeping very good, so mama is wore out..most of my free time is used giving her a break..hopefully this winter I can get some quality shop time..I had hoped to have the chassis in paint by now, but life happens..

thanks for the interest,
Tim

I got my crossmember back from the laser guys..I'm going to plate the top and bottom to make an I-beam,should be plenty strong I think..

CROSSMEMBER-1.png

Latest posts

Back