Winter has arrived in Alberta!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Well guys, it's winter here now. It's hard to tell how much snow we've got since yesterday when this started because we're getting very gusty winds. I think we're about 6-8" so far. What do you have for weather?

Attachments

• PXL_20211116_164419330.jpg
    PXL_20211116_164419330.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20211116_164351388.jpg
    PXL_20211116_164351388.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20211116_164049592.jpg
    PXL_20211116_164049592.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 18
Our first winter storm is hitting right now.:mad:

:D [cl

It has been blowing hard to the Southeast since last night, so from my place that's roughly straight to you. It finally stopped snowing here, you can have it now!

I cleared 2-3" off my driveway last night. This morning we had anywhere from 4-8+" on the driveway and even more behind the house. Our house faces west and is very wide and tall, so all the snow was coming off the roof and drifting behind the house.

Im ready for winter!! The snow bike is ready!!

I'm not! First winter at our acreage, our snow blower that goes on my tractor is currently in pieces in the garage. Should be able to get it painted and put back together by the weekend.

Mid 60's low humidity.....mmmmmmmmmmm love it...:D

No way I'd make where you guy's are....burrrrrr.

about 23°F and 70% humidity right now :p

Was 70* here today, low around 40*. But the high Sat is supposed to only be in the 50’s:eek:. No enclosed work area, so I will be doing work inside the house....replacing the living room floor.

We don't have any snow at my place but 30 minutes away in the Hills we do. We actually had way more about a week ago and then it warmed up oh, but it is rolling back in with a cold front

We must have caught the edge of that storm, SnoPro. As you say it's hard to tell the depth of the snow, because there was gusting winds, so it's uneven. We seem to have gotten about 10". It cleared off this afternoon and tonight it was -17*C or about +2*F on the truck thermometer. I have a theory, [yet to be proven] that snow starts crushing itself down after about nine or ten inches so if you get 13" all at once it will still look like 10 or 11".

Snopro.... It's been 30's here in the morning. I'm no fan of winter & snow. I live in Northern NJ in a high elevation and get more snow than anywhere in NJ.

It looks beautiful when it first falls up here in the country but gets dirty nasty fast.

My wife tells me that Thursday is supposed to be 67.... crazy weather but I'll take it!

Was 70* here today, low around 40*. But the high Sat is supposed to only be in the 50’s:eek:. No enclosed work area, so I will be doing work inside the house....replacing the living room floor.

Yikes. A few weeks ago we were around 40°F (4-5°C) for daytime highs, with the odd day much warmer. I was waiting for my garage furnace to be repaired and it was downright chilly to work in there at those temps, especially when it got near freezing. Now it's a lovely 52°F (about 12°C) in the garage and about 5°F (-15°C) outside right now. Brr. I'm so happy to finally have a heated workspace. It has come in real handy already this week, and it's lovely when your tools and the stuff you're working on are reasonably warm.

We don't have any snow at my place but 30 minutes away in the Hills we do. We actually had way more about a week ago and then it warmed up oh, but it is rolling back in with a cold front

It's actually quite late for us to get snow, but I wasn't complaining as I still didn't get all the outside stuff done in preparation.

We must have caught the edge of that storm, SnoPro. As you say it's hard to tell the depth of the snow, because there was gusting winds, so it's uneven. We seem to have gotten about 10". It cleared off this afternoon and tonight it was -17*C or about +2*F on the truck thermometer. I have a theory, [yet to be proven] that snow starts crushing itself down after about nine or ten inches so if you get 13" all at once it will still look like 10 or 11".

Yeah the temperature really plunged for us last night here. It sounds like you may have got more than we did.

Snopro.... It's been 30's here in the morning. I'm no fan of winter & snow. I live in Northern NJ in a high elevation and get more snow than anywhere in NJ.

It looks beautiful when it first falls up here in the country but gets dirty nasty fast.

My wife tells me that Thursday is supposed to be 67.... crazy weather but I'll take it!

Wow, that's warm! Yeah, it looks lovely here with the fresh snow, but it's very cold.

I could do without ever having snow but, we get a little each year.
I'll leave the big snows to y'all up North.

Some days I feel that way too, but winter has its nice moments :)

You can tell we're having a hard winter here this year. Why, just the other night it slipped down to 48 F...thought I was gonna freeze!!![ddd:D

It was 68 until noon and it dropped 20 degrees, in about 15 minutes, when the front came in it's now 28 this morning.

Latest posts

Back