'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm digging the look of the new running board POPS.[cl:D:cool:
In regards to the sides matching. Von Dutch was heard to say in response to a customer complaining that the pin striping wasn't exactly the same on both sides of his car. "You can only see one side at a time." That's the cleaned up version.[ddd
Torchie

Hey Torchie good to hear from you.. thanks.
Yeah I'm not too concerned about getting them to match. If I can just manage to get them close i"ll be happy as long as they are both level and straight.

He was good for that kind of stuff. My favorite story is when he did a job for a very persnickety customer he carefully hid a flaw in the job for the guy to find. When he did, he had to use a magnifying glass to see that it said, "You found it." Genius!

POPS, The running boards are great! Mine don't match, and they are more or less factory. :D

Thanks Skip. Still having fun with this thing. I will probably always find something else to do to it. So It will never be fininished. lt is a really fun ride now. I always have a smile on my face when I'm driving it.

Nice boards POP's [;)
The whole thing is looking great. [cl

Thanks Soltz. Some people hate them and some like em. I like the way they look and they are 3 times lighter. So I'm happy with them.
I just need to get back on them and finish them.

I had another Root Canal and crown done today. And I have a Dr. appt.for my yearly physical and blood pressure maintanence tommorrow. This getting old crap is not fun sometimes. And the Drs. are milking me dry.

Thanks Dozer. Planning on getting the running boards finished up this afternoon and tomorrow. Then I going to take a road trip up to Santa Fe and check out an old '42 Dodge Panel truck. I'm still determined to find one.

Birds eye view....

I was on the roof of my shop replacing the whirly vent cover and saw this view of the '47 Dodge from a different angle.

Looks like I have 4 different shades of primer grey. Might have to start thinking about doing something about that. OR NOT!!!

I'm going to drive a Penske rental truck to Tomball Texas (just north of Houston) Friday to help move my youngest son and his family to the arm pit of America. I hate to see my grandkids get that far away.

Attachments

• IMG_1605 (2).jpg
    IMG_1605 (2).jpg
    200 KB · Views: 47
Throw out the floor mats

HOWDY GUYS!
A simple trip to the Post Office turned into the trip from HELL-o. I came out to leave, get in the '47 Dodge, start it up. step on the brake, put it reverse and the engine revs about half throttle. Brakes won't hold the horsepower in reverse, the harder I stand on the brake the higher the engine revs. truck flys back, hits a yellow parking ballaster by the outside mail boxes. smashed the passenger side rear fender, brakes the sorry weld on the rear diff from Speedway, passenger side door comes open and mashed around against the front fender. Jumps the curb into the street, I get the screaming engine shut down and come to rest side ways in the middle of the only entrance/exit into the PO. THANK GOD I DIDN'T HIT ANYONE!!!! People are ****ed they can't get by very easily. Rear diff is locked up, won't roll. 20 minutes for AAA to show. Finally get it home and into the shop.. Have to listen to what could have happened from my loving bride. (Like I didn't know that.) What a day!!!!!

I NEED A RIGHT REAR FENDER AND DOOR FOR A '46-'47 DODGE PICK UP...

If any one has them or knows someone that might have, I would appreciate the info. The old dodge parts are getting hard to find. The door off a pick up or larger Truck are the same but the fenders aren't.

Time to tear into the old hoopty yet again.

PICS

I forget pics as usual.

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3762.jpg
    IMG_3762.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3765.jpg
    IMG_3765.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 54
Was wondering about you the other day Pops.

Sux on what happened, did you figure out why it revved up like that, broke motor mount? That axle weld looks like it didn’t have any penetration at all. Hope you can find parts, not much in my area either.

Latest posts

Back