MACKAZs 22 Buick model 45 Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all!!! No I have not given up on the car!! In fact just about to get back into it after a rather stressful 6 or so months. Basically I've chucked in my assistant managers position at the tyre shop after much deliberation, wasn't good for my health, time with my family had become a distant memory, everything climbed on top and I became swamped. Soooo....
I've landed a job wheel aligning trucks for a large international logistics company, and when I'm not aligning I'm a general mechanic. Better pay, better people, better MACKAZ! I've been on board nearly 2 months and loving it!

So small update, I've sourced some material (conveyor belting, brand new too) to make the body insulators, and been donated a part sheet of 4mm plate to make mounts out of.

We have 2 long weekends over the next 2 weeks so I'm gonna spend some quality time with my Mrs and Family for them, then its on like Donkey Kong.

Watch this space.....

Good to see you back at it! You'll like working with the conveyor belt. It works great. I used it everywhere, motor mounts, cab isolators, bed isolators, trans mount too. Tough stuff...

Well the templates have been made and I'm waiting for the Ol' Boy to come into town. Hes gonna cut em out with the plasma cutter, which is at his workshop. I've cut 6 70x70mm squares out of the conveyor belt. Next time I'm off on a work gambit in town I'll see if I can get some 2" panel washers and some exhaust tube that will go over top. I reckon 10mm depth should be ample. Cutting the circles into the floor will be interesting.....

An update,,,,with pictures....
Clambered underneath her to mark out the floor mounts, and found the floor didn't follow the chassis properly, dammit.
so chop chop
20sgb38.png

Remember its done with gasless Mig so it looks horrid.
Heres the plates that the body will sit on
29dzlfq.png

pushed her outside, pics with the new 17" wheels on it
2llon7m.png

2ijnuyx.png

aw94z5.png

Been into the car over the past week or so. The body mounts are heavily tacked in place, the floor mounts are finished and ground off. Im really pleased with how it all turned out. Anyway a few quick cellphone snaps, sorry not the best but hopefully the idea gets through.
11hqj3t.jpg

These sandwich this, the chassis
24do3mb.jpg

and this, the floor
2mphoxj.jpg

The rear floor
2a6ry93.jpg

I bent up a gearbox tunnel at work (in my own time of course) and I need to take the grinder to that. Next up after that is a driveshaft tunnel and weld the front floor to the back floor. Then the real exciting part, I'm building the seat as part of the body, ie a tub back for the backrest. Will be interesting to say the least. HOOTING!!!!!

Last edited:
What you are doing and the way you are doing it is the essence of rat rodding. I really enjoy following your build.

Case of having to, not wanting to. Besides I'm intending to get this on the road for as absolute little as possible, so it's DIY where I can. Driveshaft need to be done professionally. One the to do list nearing the top...

Latest posts

Back