fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure.....................

Attachments

• wicked rear2.jpg
    wicked rear2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 963
here is one iv been working on
IMG_1349.jpg

I REALLY think this is cool BUT would be very concerned to incorporate something as brittle as a camshaft into my lifeline ...........as in steering components but maybe I'm paranoid

Ever drop a camshaft on the ground? They break into several pieces very easily but then again there is a lot of torsional load on them inside the engine.....HMMMMM...........torn on this one.

Cam,,,,,

That cam is Cool,,,But,,, What ever you do,,, Don't try drilling a hole down the canter for your horn button. Unless you have a week to **** away. When I was young and new every thing I built a set of lamps ,With trany gears for a base, For when I move out into my own place,,,,,Worked out well until my end table broke. They ended up being jack stands out in the shop for a while but they where to fricken heavy for that too. :eek:

Hey, Double D shafting is expensive too! Some serious racers must eat up a cam now and then. There's probably a web site where racers sell their lunched billet roller cams to people looking for them to make steering shafts. Additional charge for the autograph.

Luv the look of it and the creativity Nitrous. I would not think the cam would be stressed enough to break but the connections
top and bottom have got to be more than strong enough to stake your life on. Something for your own peace of mind now that
concerns have been raised might be to acquire 2 or 3 more cams from the junkyard and torture test them as fitted here in your shop. Kind of like mythbusters would. It would be cool if you posted pix of your results.

Latest posts

Back