the Sinister T- 5 day build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really like the shapes you guys have put into this rear frame work !! and the scalloped front rail ends,,
nice work to you both !!!!!

Thanks, I was shooting for something different, than the same old square ends.

Beautiful work, Bonehead! I consider myself a good fabricator and welder, but I'm no artist!
I've heard, "Experience can't be bought, but it's expensive." [S :D

Thank you, I try to be both.

Good for you to have that time with your brother BH. I have wanted to build something with mine my whole life. Thanks for sharing with us.

The very best part of the build E man!

Very cool BH. Like the skull on the diff.
[P. [P

Had to do it.

I agree, the whole build is awesome. Have you ever considered doing a tutorial on how to make a skull like that? I would love to learn that. Jim

I have done some in the past, and I think there are some posts on here somewhere, but it is like sculpting, more than welding, and it is hard to teach.

Perfect !!!! love the stance... keep us updated [P[P

Thanks, I work hard for a good stance, the car needs to tell you something before the motor fires up.

WOW!!
Always great to watch a pro weld.[;) :cool: :D
"Directions.... We don't need no stinking directions.":D[P [P [P Torchie/QUOTE]

One of the things that slow me down on a build is all the side work as a welder.

Nice. Your making me feel bad about the six years or so I've bean working on mine.

I have plenty of 6 year old projects sitting around too.

Wowsers!!! From the look of those welds you would think you were a professional welder or something... haha! [dr[dr[dr
BoB

Try having an welding inspector standing behind you when you are trying to do that.

Sinister Sally update

Sally is now in Florida. Working on brake lines, fuel lines, transmission cooler lines. Stroker motor is in. 700R4 trannie is in. Shifter has a permanent home. Seats have brackets. Radiator is attached with electric fan and transmission cooler attached. Shocks are installed and headlights are in.

Attachments

• 1 (7).jpg
    1 (7).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 1 (6).jpg
    1 (6).jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1 (5).jpg
    1 (5).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Really looks great, BH. But you need to slow down, you are making the rest of us look bad ! :eek:

Maybe I missed it, where is your brother down here ?

Bonehead is of course in Colorado but I (Bonehead's Brother) am here in Naples. Some days I am such a slacker and don't work on it at all.

Yeah, we are in Ft Myers. I understand only too well about "slacking". This Summer has been brutally hot, and some days I go to the shop and turn around and back home. We have a shower in the shop and sometimes have to stop working, take a shower, change clothes, and try it again.

If I wasn't pushing to get this one done for November, it would drag on for another 8 years. :p

You are going to have a nice little bucket when you do get it running. I'll look for you on the road.

Bucket building

You are going to have a nice little bucket when you do get it running. I'll look for you on the road.

Thanks much. I might have to drop in sometime and see your project. Bonehead sends his regards.

Excellent on ya both! Sally is looking great! Welcome Boneheads Brother![cl

Thanks for the welcome. :)

And now, a sneak peek into the birth of Sally's frame in Boneheads shop.

Attachments

• frame birth resized.jpg
    frame birth resized.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Back