Who remembers this Disney toon?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

One of my favorites and probably one of the first music vids....

...the gang "hops into the old jalopy" and heads to the malt shop. A 1946 Benny Goodman tune, but looking more 50's, research shows that it was made in 1946.

ALL THE CATS JOIN IN

Last edited:
Sorry. Before my time.

Well it was before a lot of our time.

But so was the scene of the hot rod, which is about when it all began. The vid I tried to post was the uncensored version where there is a little boob flash when the gal jumps out of the shower, but the puritans made Walt redo it.

I originally posted that version then discovered that someone was narrating in Spanish, so I re edited back to this one. There is still a little peek...you decide.

I saw a very good documentary about Walt Disney recently. He went broke more than once, got fully screwed over more than once, but never gave up on his dream.

Disney animation was, and is the best ever created. Today's digital animators owe Disney and his crew(s) an enormous debt of gratitude.

Great song and Cartoon.
That was originally recored by Goodman in 44. One of his late post war bands. They swung, but much of it bordered on emerging Bop style.
Here is a link to the original instrumental version. This song also has lyrics which of course are very hep. (Not hip).LOL
I played this one with my swing band. These charts were very challenging to play correctly.
I'm still looking for the Disney(I think) live action cartoon of the guy pin stripping a hot rod. The phone rings and he goes to answer it and the Pin stripping takes over by it's self. Good stuff.
My Oldest works for the Mouse.LOL
Torchie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATkoY6tTCSs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back