Tetanus Tornado 49 F6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you guys make something to bend them around, kind of like a wooden buck out of plywood?
I use 1/4 inch plywood as I think that's what fits in most glass channels.
Here's a link to as good an overview of doing this process as any. You will see he doesn't use a pattern. To me the hardest part of this is trimming the really expensive new rubber seals, so they look right.
Hope this helps.
Torchie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAeswueW4Po

I hate to report this but I think I sold the truck. After nine or ten years it has become a part of me. I had a friend up from Florida over the weekend. He's been looking for a project for a while and he is 99% sure he is going to take it. This will free up room for the 37 pickup and some money to put into it. Thanks for all the help and support over the years. On to better things.

I hate to report this but I think I sold the truck. After nine or ten years it has become a part of me. I had a friend up from Florida over the weekend. He's been looking for a project for a while and he is 99% sure he is going to take it. This will free up room for the 37 pickup and some money to put into it. Thanks for all the help and support over the years. On to better things.

I hope that it all works out the way you want, kenny.
There is always another project waiting in the wings.:) :p [cl :D :cool:
[P [P [P [P
Torchie

The 37 is a BB model that was formerly an oil truck. So far I have sold off the engine and some other stuff that came with it making it a free truck. Since then I have bought a windshield frame,an original dash and the garnish pieces for in the cab. A 40 car frame that is real rough, bed sides from a 50 pickup. I aquired a 2000 explorer engine, a ford 9 inch rear end and a couple of AOD transmissions and a t5 for possible drivetrain options. A friend gave me a 36 grill and radiator along with the remains of a 36 dump truck that i kept the roof and door tops for a future chop. So far I'm in the whole mess for about $1500 in parts.

I forgot, in the pile of parts is an A axle/ a 33/34 axle, a 32 heavy axle and a 32 wishbone. I also picked up a pair of Guide 682-C headlights, a couple of GM tilt steering columns, a pair of A split bones, an Edlebrock Torquer intake. There is probably more that I have forgotten. I started collecting parts about a year ago. I had tried to sell the 37 whole and nobody was interested and since I like the look and style of a 35 through 37 truck better than the 48 to 52 it gets to stay. I will try to start a build thread with pics if I can remember how. Progress will be very slow. I just don't have the time or energy like I used to.

Well the Truck is gone. I delivered it to my Friend in Florida over the weekend. I sent it with spare doors, a roof, spare door guts. two F series hoods, seats from a Taurus, a worn out t5 from a four cylinder turbo car for the case, his has a bad bolt hole for the speedo drive, and a bunch of other stuff. He may try to set up as a member here. I hope he has fun working on it.

Now what? Are you retiring and moving to the Cayman Islands? Inquiring minds need to know. [S :p

Not retiring Doc. Can't afford to live now while working. The reason for selling is I like the looks of the 37 better. I don't have enough room in the garage for one project let alone two. I just wasn't getting anything done on either one and had to pick one and the 37 won out.

Latest posts

Back