so...I got me a cab...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

RRR Supportor
not sure if it was the smartest thing I ever did, but I bought this hacked `49 (?) F1 cab... It looked so sad out in the rain, I just had to make a crappy offer and take it home.
Very poor quality chop, filler, rust, no braces when cutting, no floor or firewall, the centre of the windshield frame caved in about an inch when they chopped it so the sunvisor and planned plastic windshield came to the resque, until he finally gave up. :rolleyes:

I`ve got a lead on a `56 Hemi to make my Mopar heart feel comfy in the Ford... hope that pans out [P
My buddy owns an F1 on a fully factory restored frame but he wants to build it on a different frame so I will buy the f1 frame for mine. Looks like I`ve got the start of my shop truck...

I can`t say I really like the looks of the front sheet metal of the trucks, so plan is to fab it myself and give it a bit more shape. :cool:[P

Right on, Dutch. Good move. Now, for the heavy advice. Before you go making front fenders, read Torchies thread. He's got THE front end to die for.

yea, his truck looks way cool the way it is, but I don`t want to copy his, and second I`m in the Netherlands and there`s no such thing as pulling an old Ford from a field out here.....

It may take a while till I can get going on this one.... hope to get started this summer tho. Got it pretty much finished in my head already :D

yea, his truck looks way cool the way it is, but I don`t want to copy his, and second I`m in the Netherlands and there`s no such thing as pulling an old Ford from a field out here.....

His didn't look the way it does now when he started either....;)
And yes there is...you just did it...
Break out the BFH and welder and make your new shop truck. We'll be here for encouragement.[cl[cl[cl

no fire... top notch media blasting... there wasn`t much left to screw up but he did what he could... :rolleyes:

thanks. :)

Lol! Awesome Dutch! I would have bought it too...Just try to over come the adverse reaction when your new panel are way better than the cab when you start working on it...[cl

made a little progress on the engine chapter. turned out it was not a `56 331 FirePower, but a 331 Spitfire, which is basically the same engine but has poly heads and pistons instead of hemi stuff... I was a bit disappointed when I first saw the pics he sent me, but after some research I figured it sure was a cool enough motor to grab and power the Feurd :D The only thing missing from the engine is the waterpump... ( anyone got a source for those...? ) I also bought the 2sp. Powerflite trans..... should look good enough in there. :cool:
I hope to go pick it up next week or so, from the (dry&heated) storage it was put in about 25 yrs ago... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back