old style radio for old guys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAM-LDS-2

Gonna put my 47 up for sale this year and feel like it ought to have a radio in it . Been looking at units and they all seem to have super tiny hard to read controls . Especially the preset buttons . Any body know of a new radio with large buttons . No way I could ever change stations while driving using those small buttons . Figure my buyer will probably be an older guy like me and woud appreciate the large buttons . Thanks

After posting this I went to Google and did a search and Amazon has an old style looking radio with big preset buttons and two dials to adjust volume and stations , these are new AM/FM radios with places to plug in mp3 players and your phone ,neither of which i have or know how to use - but my buyer might like the feature . Add says hey wi[[ ca[[ and confirm what vehicle you are installing it in so you get one that fits . A for 159 bucks with free shipping , feviews were good . Putting it into new console I'm finishing up .Wil try to get someone to take some pics so can let you guys see it finished .

Went and looked up what an MP3 player is ,looks like it takes the place of CD's looks much easier and much better . Might have to get one of thees gadgets .

Many of the units that accept an MP3 play music straight from a thumb drive. Which is actually even easier. :D

You put the thumb drive into your computer. Load your music into it. Put the thumb drive into your radio's USB port….. Done.

Now, you do not get the options that a mp3 player offers like searching for a song.

I keep different music on different color code thumb drives Rock-a-billy, outlaw country, Blues, Classic rock etc. Usually I'm only in one music Mood at a time anyway.

Thumb drives are about $7 bucks for enough memory for 200 songs.

i got one of those cards like goes in a camera 32gigabites for 15 bucks
and a thing you stick the card in and it has a usb male end
i put almost 3000 songs on that little card.
my entire library is in my truck stereo right now for about $20 [cl

Latest posts

Back