Bought another truck/auction report

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Big trek over into Montana yesterday for a ranch auction. Lot's of cool stuff there. I scored a pretty solid 59 F250 4x4, unloaded at the ranch because my nephew had a 75 he bought in front of it on the trailer so I'll get some pics up when I go get it.
Last licensed in 79. We threw a battery in and it cranked over good but no spark, needs a set of points. If it runs good I'll leave it alone, if not it's getting a 460, ZF and married T-case.

I bid a really straight 56 Merc to $650 and let it go for $700. 50,000 mile original car with a 312 and overdrive, last ran in 76 . Also ran a nice straight 55 short bed custom cab to 900 bills and had to get out, I think it brought $1300. Lot's of old 30s and 40s fords made into haybuckers, hay wagons. Also was a 41 Ford car body and a 35-36 slantback body, pickup box trailers...
2 ton farm trucks were bringing $50-$100. A john Deere $200, 8N $400 and 3-4 older Allis Chalmers bringing $100-$300
I would gave bought more stuff but it's 160 miles each way and 60 of that hilly gravel. It was a slow grind coming out for the old 7.3, that 60 miles of gravel took over 2 hours, a couple hills I had to catch granny gear.

I would've definitely bought the cream colored crew cab, and the wheel rake.
Possibly the john deere . And the 40s ? Two door cab.
Not sure what make or model it is.
Just shows cab and fender. No hood.

I would've definitely bought the cream colored crew cab, and the wheel rake.
Possibly the john deere . And the 40s ? Two door cab.
Not sure what make or model it is.
Just shows cab and fender. No hood.

Are you talking about the 35-36 Ford slantback? I had really hoped to get that but the other side was a mess and it was up in the rocks, would have been a pita to get down and get loaded.

Latest posts

Back