47-54 AD help needed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAM-LDS-2

Talking about the seam where the headliner meets the door opening . I have seen a rubber like piece used to cover the seam , so i know they exist . Can't seem to find any info . Called Steel rubber co and the lady said she gets lots of calls on this but they don't have it and she does not know where to get one . I am gonna hit the car/truck show circuit this year to try and find an AD using it . Any body see one please give a shout ,thanks .

I have no idea what you are talking about. I could make a few guesses, but that would just waste time.

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? Is it a Dodge part?

You might check with your local upholstery shop.

Not sure exactly what you want but this might help

greatlakesskipper.com ....they sell all sorts of channel type materials...might be what you are looking for? Hope it helps

I have no idea what you are talking about. I could make a few guesses, but that would just waste time.

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? Is it a Dodge part?

1947 to 1954 Chevrolet called their trucks Advance Design most commonly called AD's . Only pic I have is in my head I will know it when I see it on a truck this year .

Found a pic on a truck site , sent a PM to the guy who built the truck , so far no reply .

Attachments

• 20150320_125911pu door trim.jpg
    20150320_125911pu door trim.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Todd has it right. It is called windless. I had it on my 50 GMC panel.
Technicaly these trucks were Second series 1947 to First series 1955
They were a mid year change over on both ends of their production cycle.
The early ones may not have used the windless. Look to see if your truck has a thin channel that runs along the outline of the door. That is what the rubber fits into.It can be a PITA to fit.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back