Muh new truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress update. I rebuilt the carb, new points, cap, rotor and wires and a new ignition switch. I still need to run the valves but it pops right off, idles smooth, no smoke. Not bad for a 30 year slumber, engine sounds strong. Also started checking the electrical and almost everything works except one rear turn signal, and it needs a dimmer switch, lights go out when you hit the brights. I removed the seat and old mats, scrubbed the whole inside out with some good degreaser and steel wool. Now I need to dump that 5 gallons of rotten gas and get the tank cleaned and re-installed. New hose, grommet, float and gasket on the way from LMC.
I'm out to install the clutch master and slave now.

Progress update. I rebuilt the carb, new points, cap, rotor and wires and a new ignition switch. I still need to run the valves but it pops right off, idles smooth, no smoke. Not bad for a 30 year slumber, engine sounds strong. Also started checking the electrical and almost everything works except one rear turn signal, and it needs a dimmer switch, lights go out when you hit the brights. I removed the seat and old mats, scrubbed the whole inside out with some good degreaser and steel wool. Now I need to dump that 5 gallons of rotten gas and get the tank cleaned and re-installed. New hose, grommet, float and gasket on the way from LMC.
I'm out to install the clutch master and slave now.
The ole Fords always were tough as nails on the sitting deal [cl
:cool: [P

I've always liked that style of truck too. There was an artists rendition of how you can customize this truck, a few years back in a hotrod magazine. You put a '59 car back end on for the box exterior. Then make it a taildragger, with fender skirts.
Post a few pictures of it when you get these modifications done, OK. -----I'll probably wet my pants.

I was going to mention skirts. When these trucks came out in model form the kit came with skirts surprisingly. But lowered in the back with skirts and stacks behind the cab looked killer. :cool: But this is a 4x4 so no chance of talking WB into it. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back