Opinions please!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
I got a chance to get this. I'm not much of a Ford guy although I own 2 of them. I was considering this for a drive train even tho I don't have a project in mind yet. This is a 69 Ford XL. It's complete and not parted but the owner said there was some vandalism. I haven't made it over there to check it out in person yet but here's the story. This car, along with another was parked here years ago for storage and the owner of the property has died and the owners of the cars have to let them go and get them moved. This is equipped with a 429 Thunderjet and a 9" rear. There's only 29,000 miles on it and the owner said it was running well when parked. 500 bucks will take the complete car! What do you guys think?

That motor is the factory option with 4 bbl carb and dual exhaust. According to my searches it produced 360 hp off the showroom floor. I'm pretty sure the value will be in this motor, but I'm really trying to convince myself...ya'll...HELP!:D Anything I should be aware of on this motor???

If you have the space, time and energy drag it home and pull the drive train for a future build. If you change your mind the Rear end, Engine and Trans are worth at least $2000, running condition.

Scarp the carcass or part out the rest, might make another $2000? Of course depending on how it looks.

Original parts sell for crazy money, I just saw a guy offing a glove box light/switch for my '59 88 for $29.00???

:cool: 429's are killer motors and for it to have the 4 bbl option is icing on the cake. It'll have a C6 tranny behind it too [dr
The rear end may be a posi [P
I'd have that vehicle in my yard before the sun went down today :)
donor! donor! donor! [ddd

Those are pretty rare cars, so there are a bunch of parts somebody is looking for. Those Lima engines [429, 460] are great engines, and can be bored and stroked to well over 500 cu in and make mega hp.
I paid nearly that much just for a 460 to go in my motorhome. The 4bbl intake is ok, but those early heads are what makes it valuable.

I got told that I was the first to call and I got first dibs. Access couldn't be made by her until tomorrow and I can't get to the bank until tomorrow and the deal will be tomorrow....I think I fell in the cesspool and came out smelling like a rose. There are other cars out there...good, good donars. Some things could be gotten by hauling them off.
How many of you guys could get here???:D

I'll take my camera and do a later post...

Don't know WB3! When I get access, I'll determine what I need to know. The place is locked up. I'll go thru two locked gates that they will open in the morning. I'll lock it back up on leaving. Trusting me to haul a car off property then drop the payment by an office. Depending on what's out there, A return trip will be planned. If I can find a way to move it, there are a couple of large items out there that can be had for hauling. An RV and a bus. The others are cars with the same deal. 500 and haul the car. All are complete. We'll just have to see. Theres a 65 Mustang, a Riviera with a 425 in it. 4 or 5 other unknown cars out there. Love to trip over a late 30s coupe but I suspect there is no old tin there....just never know. The lady said she is putting everybody else off on the ads until I get to view it...
I'm taking a few tools and will have casting numbers out to help determine if it rolls over and the general condition and if it's the motor she spoke of. I'm only interested in the drive train to be honest. Also got the tools of destruction like loppers, machete, axe, and ramp truck going. I'll take pix of what I see tomorrow and post them up to see if there is any interest. No titles. Death of the patriarch and the matriarch is an alsheimers victim. The ones she mentioned to me would all be good doners if things are good. We'll see!

I can't imagine a '65 mustang in the woods of Flawda being worth the trip from New Mexico but if it's pretty solid I would be interested.
Sounds like you found a honey hole. Hope it pans out for you.

Pops, There's some trees around in the area but they are not in the woods which is probably a good thing. It's an in town lot that hasn't been upkept. I'll take pix. Got everything ready to go...just need to go.

Pops, There's some trees around in the area but they are not in the woods which is probably a good thing. It's an in town lot that hasn't been upkept. I'll take pix. Got everything ready to go...just need to go.

Good luck! I had that 429 in a '53 ford pickup. It was hard on tires. Had a lot of fun with that old thing till it caught fire and burnt completely down parked on the street in front of my mom and dad's house.

Latest posts

Back