Opinions please!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy oh boy! what a day! Disappointed that the motor wasn't the 4 bbl option. Still a 429. When we finally got access to the gates, the guy that unlocked them was in a hurry and just didn't offer us much for an option to get much done. I bet I heard "I got a business to run" about 3 times in 15 minutes....jeesh guy give us a break. We drove for over an hour to get there. Waited about 2 hours in the hot sun for him to get there and then it was arms folded and toes tapping till we just left to return for the car later. The frame is on the ground. All tires are flat and probably won't be able to hold air. Looks like whoever moved it last pushed it around with flat tires and ran 3 of the 4 off the rims...jeesh! We have to scrape up some wheels and tires good enough to roll it. That's going to take some digging and time. I called the lady back in Tennessee and she is just as nice as she can be and apoligized for the screwed up deal. But we're still talking and if she gets the guy straightened out on how long we need to work on the car to move it, maybe we'll get the deal done. Sorry for no pix. There wasn't anything left out there to use up all that expensive digital film....:rolleyes::D The mustang was gone. The only two vehicles out there with decent donor parts were this XL and the Riviera. Both of those are down on the dirt but pretty complete as far as drivetrain parts. I still plan on snatching the 429 and other drivetrain parts on this but we need to work around the property owner.

I hope it goes better for you next time. Some people just don't realize how important it is to save some of the hard to find stuff they think is junk.
Good luck.

You might try to get the "Nice' lady in Tenn. to have a chat with Mr. Toe-Tapper. Maybe, she can get you a Key? Explain the situation, explain 2nd trip, lost time/wages. However, you'll still work with her for the original deal…..if, she'll help you out with the Key. Some times Sugar with a little Guilt sprinkled on top works wonders. :D

Latest posts

Back