The Rouster Indy Roadster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i have not been on here in a good while, just been busy with life and the shop, but we have started making good head way on the body going on the chassis.

wasnt really happy with the way the windshield cowling piece was looking. looked more like and early sprint car, so i modified it

small cowling to deflect air away from injector opening

and a couple pics of me on the hammer making parts for it

. got the driver side of the upper cock pit made, then moved onto shaping the other side of the windscreen cowling

also got the cock pit fresh air vent scoop cleco'd on, and notched the cowling around it. not 100% sure why these were on the cars since it was an open cockpit, but my guess was to help keep driver cool from engine and trans heat

hope to keep updates coming on this one. plan is to habe the body all tacked up and kinda hammered back out by detroit

been working on this a lot the past few weeks. i was not really happy with the shape of the nose so i decided to re do it.

had to make a new buck, this one i made to fit on the car to make sure i liked the looks as i went

used some masking tape to check the shape on the corners

the driver side rough shaped

passenger side of the nose after shrinking

after a little blending

using more tape to lay out light lines to mark them on the panel for fine tuning and planishing

after that was addressed i could move onto the bottom half of the passenger side

then i could move into welding the top and bottom together and putting the nostril in place

Latest posts

Back