update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Ok, just figgered out this laptop and found you guys. All is going well, got the chemo rolling last night. Food is great, view isn't bad and my daughter makes it over most days. The best way to simplify the diagnosis is this, on a scale of one to 100. 19 isn't leukemia, 20 is and I'm a 21. Lots of people come in the 90s. Good that I'm healthy as a horse and caught it early, should come out the other end just fine, probably feeling better than I have ion quite a while. It's just a long process.

Great to hear from you and all Good news.:D
Keep up the positive attitude. One secret that I learned from staying in the hospital for long stays(My last one was 30 days as well) is get to know your care givers (I knew all my nurses and aides by name) and look for the humor in things.
It goes easier on everyone if you can all find something to laugh about.
Peace and strength to you.
Torchie

Can't say much that hasn't been said already. I'll keep a good thought for ya'. Looking forward to your next build.

Glad to hear that WB!!! They can do incredible things now & glad to hear it seems you caught it early... that's usually the key! Keep on truckin' pal!!!

BoB

Glad to hear that WB!!! They can do incredible things now & glad to hear it seems you caught it early... that's usually the key! Keep on truckin' pal!!!

BoB

So true! The medical advancements that have been made in the last few years are astounding! Glad they caught yours early![cl

Great to hear from you and all Good news.:D
Keep up the positive attitude. One secret that I learned from staying in the hospital for long stays(My last one was 30 days as well) is get to know your care givers (I knew all my nurses and aides by name) and look for the humor in things.
It goes easier on everyone if you can all find something to laugh about.
Peace and strength to you.
Torchie

Exactly!! The worst part is having to wear a paper mask when I walk and people can't see you smile.

And funny someone should mention a next build. I've had it in my head for quite a while to build a 4x4 daily driver on a 78-79 F250 4x4 frame. The day before I left, a guy gave me a whole p[pickup he only wants the harness and a couple things from. I have the 460/ZF and transfer case from a 89-90. have a good 57-60 long bed and only need a cab and front but have 3 of those found to scout out when I get back. Also been digging around to see what I need to (cheaply) use the 315 hemi if I ever get to the 36 coupe, but that's all just dreaming right now.

The best news is no news. I got through the 7 days of chemo and on day 14 (wed I think) they pull a bone marrow to see if the roundup killed all the weeds. If there is any lingering, more chemo and if not 2 more weeks to let my blood parts grow back and test again. Still walking lots and not feeling bad

Latest posts

Back