RRR Relay?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

Hi guys! I just found out that DJ3100
kept the stock front suspension from his '55 Ford wagon. It has quite a few parts I can use on my '56 Fairlane. Of course, the hard part will be getting it the 600+ miles from Chandler, AZ to southern Colorado. I don't imagine I can afford to have it hauled truck freight.Anyone ever drive from Chandler to Albuquerque? It's a good-sized chunk, with the front frame rails and suspension all in one piece. I'm in no huge hurry, so I thought I'd see if we could work out some sort of relay or at least get it close enough I could drag it the last part of the trip. Thanks in advance for any constructive suggestions. :)

I can probably get it close to Albuquerque in a couple months. I have a loud out of Mesa Arizona in a few weeks and will be coming back on 40.

I'm looking at going and seeing a friend in Farmington NM. That would probably be close to ya.

Farmington would work well. I used to live there and still have friends there. Let me know whenever you get your trip planned and I'll get things sorted out with everyone involved. I sure do appreciate the help. I've been on light duty for 15 months, can't do much.

I know a bunch of people there, from people I raced with at Aztec Speedway to bikers I rode with, to people I used to party with, even a bunch of women I used to date. :)

I still plan on it as long as the insurance company starts cooperating. I've found a replacement truck, I just have to settle on mine first.

Sorry for the hassle they've put you through. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Take care of business, and whenever you make it out this way I hope we can get together. :)

I know it's not what you want to hear, but if I had seen this post a week ago, you'd be set by now. I just had a completely empty truck go from Chandler to Albuquerque on Monday.

i am going from north platte nebraska to durango colorado soon
taking the ram 3500 and it will be empty
if you think i can help send me a pm with your phone number
i might be persuaded to make a big detour if you help with fuel
i am retired so i am very flexible with time

i am going from north platte nebraska to durango colorado soon
taking the ram 3500 and it will be empty
if you think i can help send me a pm with your phone number
i might be persuaded to make a big detour if you help with fuel
i am retired so i am very flexible with time

Thanks for the offer, Billy! I'm hoping the original plan of getting the front end to Farmington works out, so I can visit some people, check in on my son and granddaughter, and get the parts all at once. :)

Can't send pm's...

DJ3100, 8literbeater, Billy, I can't send pm's for some reason. I still want the front clip, but need a new plan to either get it closer or something. I'm going in for knee surgery again before long, and can't afford to make the trip to Chandler. My # is seven 19, five 88, eight five 66.

I just found a guy that might be taking a truck from here to Albuquerque soon. As it is, he drives back and forth from here to there every week, pulling a trailer. He said he wouldn't mind hauling some car parts up there.

Latest posts

Back