how do they find them?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like this.
A friend sent me the pic of this 38 Jag today that a buddy of his ran across in an old shop for $2500 in a small town called Shell Knob

attachment.php

Attachments

• 636AD379-.jpg
    636AD379-.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 191
Just like this.
A friend sent me the pic of this 38 Jag today that a buddy of his ran across in an old shop for $2500 in a small town called Shell Knob

attachment.php

I must be hanging out with the wrong crowd. I tell everyone I know if they hear of or see any old cars to let me know. Not a peep in over 20 years. Although, central FL is not quite a hot bed of old cars.

Just got off the phone with my buddy and he bought it.
Hasn't been licensed since '59 and all the parts are there except engine and tranny. It's a left hand drive too.
Hey, he got the title with it from the old man that bought it in '77 who never transferred the title.

That Jag is sweet! Hope he puts something besides a SBC in it, maybe a Viper V10, looks like the hood is long enough.

I'm with earthman, where do they find all those Model A's at? Nothing like that around here as far as I know. If it wasn't out of sight, it either got bought or scrapped a long time ago.....

I bought some parts from a gentleman who has a similar Jag in his barn. Not quite as good shape after the roof fell in on it, but very fixable.

The interesting stuff is getting rarer, or at least its mostly in the less populated areas of the country. I can remember driving around in the So. Cal. desert as a kid. Many cars that we would kill for today were just worthless junk!

I think that roadster pickup was on ebay last week. A pretty cool run about. Those good model A chassis come up pretty often, either some drawn out restoration that never got done or a car that was built into a street rod. Model T bodys are everywhere. I could have a field full of them if I dragged home every one I found.

Hey, EMan. Aren't there old cars scattered all over the Mojave still? There were 50 years ago when I was a kid. :D

Billy, Do you allow visitors in your parts?

Last edited:
A friend of mine just bought a 38 chevy coupe, had 3 owners, been in a concrete block building for 30 some years. It has bumper guards, heater and radio. Really solid old car. It was fairly close and I never knew a thing about it.

Hey, EMan. Aren't there old cars scattered all over the Mojave still? There were 50 years ago when I was a kid. :D

Skip, I remember looking out the window of the train at the old cars scattered in the desert when i was 10 heading to CA from MO. I thought "i'm coming back here when i'm grown up".....Well i'm here and i'm grown up but the old cars in the desert aren't.

Latest posts

Back