1939 Plymouth Coupe P8

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea i had a hard time getting good weld penetration with the MIG. I was rushing too much because of being paranoid about all the sparks flying around the engine bay.

The heat definitely helps the situation and is probably the reason for this working so well.

-Chris

So along with doing the dual exhaust*on the car i'm going to remove the steering box so it can be rebuilt. It's extremely sloppy and can't be adjusted any more. I made a simple steering wheel puller yesterday out of some .25" steel plate, three 3/8 bolts, and a 1/2*bolt. It worked great and the wheel popped right off. My steering wheel feels pretty sturdy but it does have a lot of cracks unfortunately.*

-Chris

Attachments

• IMG_2643.JPG
    IMG_2643.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 11
So i almost have the steering box completely removed from the car. Im now thinking about the rebuild process. Are there any old manuals you guys know of that might be helpful? I've never rebuilt one before. Or i may just see if my mechanic friend can help me out. Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back