the vettester

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to say anything disparaging about the wheels. They don't seem to go with the theme. I like the idea of moon discs. you could cut a set out of flat aluminum and screw them to the outer edge of the rim but that would ruin the resale value of the rims.

I am trying to warm up to the idea of discs but they have never appealed to me. I don't think those rims have any resale value anyway Kenny :rolleyes:

Some of those seventy's "western" cast spoke wheels could be really good looking. I just happen to know where a set is......

Got any pix bud?

To tell you the truth, just about any 5 spoke rim would look better than what's on there. And the thicker the spoke, the better.

The only other two things I have to say, is that is freaking awesome, and I would really seriously think about some heat shields.

Thanks Sam. I was telling myself the wheels connected it to it's roots so someone could see it and say "my gawd who would do that to a vette!" :D i was just putting off arriving at this point where i have to choose what to put on it...and probably have to put out a lot of money. :rolleyes:

So, which way do you climb on to get in the driver's seat?
And is your wife going to miss that chair?

1.You know i have seen some racing look wheels like the first ones that might look right. I'll look for a picture and see what you think :cool:.
2. I climb in from the back, avoiding the pipes. ;)
3. Wife? Real Mahogany and leather bar stool off Craigs. Cost a crap ton of money new. [cl

Vintage 10 spokes? Maybe???

I love those! If they were available in larger diameters i would be scheming how to pay for some for sure. 15" wheels just won't have that 'teens or '20's look that i think it needs.

Maybe look at HID projector headlights. Some are pretty darn small. They may fit where you have your turn signals - well, kinda. Then you could use button LED's for the turn lights - you could mount those just about anywhere.

Yep, i'm having to consider projectors and a no headlight at all look. Have some period correct giant 11" LaSalle lights but sadly no place to put them.

Vintage 10 spokes? Maybe???

I love those! If they were available in larger diameters i would be scheming how to pay for some for sure. 15" wheels just won't have that 'teens or '20's look that i think it needs.

Can I show you something in an 18", Sir?

American Racing AR840 Chrome (PVD)
$153 ea.

http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=AR840 Chrome (PVD)

OR, For 20" WHEEL, the American Racing Torq-Thrust ST Gray AR104 on that site for $265ea.

wheel option #7

brass or copper sheet,,formed,,or hammered,,or cut,,,or etched,,,to your own creative image,,,after a glass of your favorite spirit,,,,and screwed or rivited to the inboard flat vette wheel surface..........
more fun than dropping 800. ,,,use that money for a plasma,,,or a tool you do not have yet ?

brass or copper sheet,,formed,,or hammered,,or cut,,,or etched,,,to your own creative image,,,after a glass of your favorite spirit,,,,and screwed or rivited to the inboard flat vette wheel surface..........
more fun than dropping 800. ,,,use that money for a plasma,,,or a tool you do not have yet ?

You have me thinking now tm3. It's that painful feeling in my head right?

Wow! Well done, sir! I remember the Vette when it was all together, and had no idea it would turn out like this. Very clever and creative!

I have a parts car Miata and thinking about what to do with it. Running gear in tact, so could do pretty much anything with it. The ideas are flowing ... ;)

IronRat, some 18x6 unpolished solids like Snopro posted would actually look correct. Just need to locate some with tires at a garage sale. :rolleyes:

Yes, I think they would look correct.

I'm sure you will find some at a garage sale, they will be right next to the Honus Wagner baseball card, and the missing 18 1/2 mins of the Nixon
Watergate tape. :D

I agree.. those dont look like 70 dollar rims to me

He must be going to garage sales in Warner Estates ,Sunburst Farms or maybe
Graystone or College Lane.

(Tempe area humor)
:D

I suggest a quick run down Nogales.

Last edited:
E-man, since you're looking at paying almost $300 for a set of rims, look up 'set 18" 5x120 rims' on Ebay listed by lowest price+shipping. There are a few sets of decent 5 spoke rims that might suit you withing that price range.

I see $70 per rim is what those Camaro rims go for, kinda surprised me.

Eman, are you trying to stay with 18" rims? Maybe a smaller diameter wheel will be easier to find some decent looking spokes and probably better prices too...

Latest posts

Back