To paint or not to paint? Patina Poll

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paint or Patina?

• Leave it, it's cool!

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Maroon is weird, paint it!

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
By the way... new tires. It drives much better now :)

Attachments

• 20161230_164550-1.jpg
    20161230_164550-1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 12
That's what I was thinking - white roof.

Around here the kids leave the paint on the bottom alone but metal flake the top. I think a purple metal flake would look cool.

Also, i'm surprised to see people suggesting blacking out the wheels and grille. It just seems like with this dark maroon color that would be a lot of dark, I think it would look like a dark blob but I could be wrong... I was that one time.

Dark cars/trucks like that look cool at night IMO. Just saw one the other night, it was de-badged and hard to tell what it actually was, I like that!

Beercan

I'll have to mock up the roof thing. Not loving it in my head but I'll have to check it out.

Ok, i'm on board with the all fresh if one thing fresh idea. And I do really want to replace the rear bumper so we'll go that direction.

Also, i'm surprised to see people suggesting blacking out the wheels and grille. It just seems like with this dark maroon color that would be a lot of dark, I think it would look like a dark blob but I could be wrong... I was that one time.
Not a matter of right or wrong. Just a matter of what each of us thinks is bad@$$. :D Your truck. Your way. Always. [cl

I am the odd man out around here.
If it were mine.
I would find a paint chip of the original color.
And go with it.
Since i spend many many hours and dollars trying to GET RID OF RUST.
I dont want any anywhere.
I hate seeing my beloved toys dissolve in front of my eyes.
And patina is a fancy french word for corrosion.

I am the odd man out around here.
If it were mine.
I would find a paint chip of the original color.
And go with it.
Since i spend many many hours and dollars trying to GET RID OF RUST.
I dont want any anywhere.
I hate seeing my beloved toys dissolve in front of my eyes.
And patina is a fancy french word for corrosion.

Oh man, I wish you were my neighbor, my wife's 2007 Suburban has rust on the bottom 1" of metal basically all the way around the vehicle. So a 1" strip about 50' long, lol.

But on this truck if I fix the rust it won't be a rat, just a rod :eek:

Hit the whole thing LIGHTLY with 220 grit on a DA. Then spray it all with a satin clear. Lower it a bit and run a gun metal colored wheel (maybe a bit larger than the Geo Metro...say like in the Aveo size [cl) then match the bumpers and grill to the wheel color...[P

Latest posts

Back