Truck Rat Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dr, I'll ck it out. I'd mentioned I knew where there was a what I thought was a 54 ford truck. Got to looking at pics of various ones and I pretty sure now that it is a 50. I remember the grille after I got to looking. I know he had a couple hoods, fenders and I don't know what all. I wouldn't need a lot of it, if I have to buy it all, would that stuff sell pretty quick? I know the later 50's ford trucks are pretty popular.

DMW's build is an example of one done right, but I was too lazy to find a pic of it.

vht: dmw's build link is in his signature. (51 Ford F1)

Sam_Fear needs a front end like your last pic, sneaky. :eek: :D

Doc, that last one is just.... somebody shoulda removed that guys thumbs.

I knew you'd like that, Sam.

Some people need to be beaten with their own arms. (Step 1: Remove arms. Step 2: Flog at will.)

pilothouse

found this one, it 1948-1953 dodge truck, the pics without the rear fenders are the ones l like. they need to lose the rear fenders for better visual/balanced look.

Later:cool:

PS---l have one of these trucks for sale:D

Attachments

• dogde truck rat rod.jpg
    dogde truck rat rod.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 44
  • pilothouse race truck.jpg
    pilothouse race truck.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 51
  • pilothouse race truck.jpg1.jpg
    pilothouse race truck.jpg1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 48
  • pilothouse race truck.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    pilothouse race truck.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 47
  • pilothouse race truck.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    pilothouse race truck.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 48
  • pilothouse race truck.jpg5.jpg
    pilothouse race truck.jpg5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 43
I think I'm sticking with the 40 coupe and doing some changing. Took the 18.50's off rear, going with a 10in wheel, 3 or so BS. no front end except for a grille and shell I haven't come up with yet. Listed the Mus II front susp on CL, found a 38 chev coupe complete front susp, going to convert it to a transverse spring and disc brakes. I'll see what kinda grille I can come up with, I think I like this alot better.

narrow it

i'm building a '50 chevy cab and had the same thoughts about the grille. i happen to have some kind of grille that looks like a '32 something i wanted to use. instead of widening the grille i narrowed the cab by 14 inches. i got sidetracked from it for quite a while and will be getting back to it soon. check it out.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4443

My thought is, Why does it have to be fender-less to be a rat? [S
Uh-oh. Did I do something wrong? :( My rat is full fendered. :eek: Do I have to start over? How about I do the next one fenderless. Will that get me back in the good graces of the RR community? :confused:

:D

Attachments

• P5300146.jpg
    P5300146.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 20
Uh-oh. Did I do something wrong? :( My rat is full fendered. :eek: Do I have to start over? How about I do the next one fenderless. Will that get me back in the good graces of the RR community? :confused:

:D

Looks great Skip!

I'm going to keep the rear fenders on my 40 coupe and loose the fronts. Guess I'm kinda in the middle.

Latest posts

Back