Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNeal

Found a 392. It's the right casting #. It's a bare block with main caps, period. Standard bore, no cracks, never been raced, supposedly came out of big Chrysler. What's it worth?? He started out about double what I had in mind. What's reasonable?
Thanks, Neal.

Well.... with this feedback it almost makes the $1200 that he wants for it look a little better. Got enough other projects going and a 1st gen Hemi isn't in the works right now. But I have been considering investing in some precious metal. I don't see anything happening that will make the price go down.

His asking price seems to be on target but doesn't leave a lot of margin if you need to sell it.
The engine in Florida is an excellent buy.

The one in FL is a better buy because you won't have to look for all the internals. You'd have much more than that in parts if you buy everything separately.

His asking price seems to be on target but doesn't leave a lot of margin if you need to sell it.
The engine in Florida is an excellent buy.

I agree on the florida deal,except for the small matter of 3k plus miles away from me. I'll keep my ears open. Never know when something will fall out of the sky. 1st & 2cnd gen Hemis really generate ghost stories. Least I've seen this one.

Latest posts

Back