'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see you back at it, we need more pictures, No Pressure ;)

So when you get to the shop each day do you just toss a bolt up and work on what ever it bounces off of? [cl

Pretty much done with the doors. No pics yet. I forgot. Today I put a new clutch on the slant 6 and installed the 4 speed. Put the whole works in the chassis for the final time, unless...

Attachments

• Slant In 001.jpg
    Slant In 001.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 79
Got Coker 16's for the front and some truck tires from Discount Tire for the back. The body is on the frame for the final time. Got to bolt it down. Made a bracket and mounted the clutch slave cylinder.

Next it's brake lines fuel line and wire routing. I've got some new cloth covered wire that should look vintage on the RPU.

Attachments

• Body On 001.jpg
    Body On 001.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Body On 002.jpg
    Body On 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Body On 003.jpg
    Body On 003.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Body On 004.jpg
    Body On 004.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 71
The roadster is looking good, Big & Little tires fit the look perfectly, very old school. Not a lot of free time when rebuilding the dragster, Modifying Bantum & building a hot rod. Your one lucky dude, the he-- with our medical problems.

Getting more parts installed for the final time. The front suspension is complete. Made a generator bracket and put some stuff on the firewall. Assembled the box and made the battery box (ammo box)deeper so it will hold a battery. I think this one is a keeper.

Attachments

• Bantam bumper 006.jpg
    Bantam bumper 006.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Bantam bumper 005.jpg
    Bantam bumper 005.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Bumper 005.jpg
    Bumper 005.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 90
Well Bob, that hot rod is looking great. It reminds me of how much fun I had building my 28 A RPU. [cl[cl

Are you going to leave it natural ( I hope ) or coat it??? [P

I'm with you on this one, IT'S A KEEPER for sure ;)

Yes Tom, This is a real rat rod. Rusty but trusty. I added this gauge. Anyone know what it is for?

Attachments

• Bamntam Bumper 006.jpg
    Bamntam Bumper 006.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 56
Glad to hear that she will be a true Rat Rod that mother nature has
coated.[cl

Your fine design & construction are moving it into the "Improved Rat Rod" classification. Still as you said "Rusty but trusty".:)

Latest posts

Back