just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did any body have rollers beside Lions in Long Beach [S

Absolutely. I believe they were mandated by NHRA, but may have simply been an effort to eliminate the lengthy push-start/turn around process and "quicken" the show? (bob w????)

My home track had a roller starter (before my time) and coincidentally, the track was designed "in Lions image". The landowner/builder/founder had visited Lions and fashioned his track in a similar manner.

I'll find some pics...

Last edited:
Harder to find than I expected...

Ontario Motor Speedway

attachment.php

One from our home track... hit the link...

http://www.pbase.com/nitroimage/image/75807818

Attachments

• fp roller starter Ontario Motor Speedway.jpg
    fp roller starter Ontario Motor Speedway.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 163
Absolutely. I believe they were mandated by NHRA, but may have simply been an effort to eliminate the lengthy push-start/turn around process and "quicken" the show? (bob w????)

My home track had a roller starter (before my time) and coincidentally, the track was designed "in Lions image". The landowner/builder/founder had visited Lions and fashioned his track in a similar manner.

I'll find some pics...

Thanks DrC
Before your time [S are you that young [S I remember when the roller was put in at Lions, would that be after my time [S
The crowd liked the push/start/turn but it was a hassle.
Ontario was way out east from the coast, didn't get there much :rolleyes:

Thanks DrC
Before your time [S are you that young [S I remember when the roller was put in at Lions, would that be after my time [S
The crowd liked the push/start/turn but it was a hassle.
Ontario was way out east from the coast, didn't get there much :rolleyes:
...way out east.." LOL. I used to drive further than that just to party!

And a few miles further ease was Fontana. I played there a time or two in the 60s-70s. :D

attachment.php

.[/QUOTE]
Dr I've only got 22 yrs on you.
I am a biker kind of guy and if that's a picture of you, yours must be made of brass:eek:
Kaw two stroke [S

Latest posts

Back