Chuck sent me..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vphoenix

Chuck caught me picking up a project..while driving a project...here in Huntsville, Alabama

I was in my '47 KB-1 with knox bed..about 90% done with it..he told me this was a great site

Would be interested in local events...

thanks,
bill

welcome to rrr from jasper. it is a great site, we are pretty laided back, but we are addicted to pictures. [cl

I confess...............it was me. I'm still a noob with a low post count and am trying to catch up on so many of the diff. builds that have been done here.

Bills 47 K model is the first Rat I've seen on the streets here and I've been here for 23 yrs. so I had to stop and investigate it.
It's a "to the bone" Rat Cornbinder as you will all see when he gets around to posting pics....................

my '47

these are pics from others..I've yet to take my own..when I do I'd zoom in on the sawblade mirror.. the christmas tin air cleaner.. the whiskey jar dome light..etc
this build is a take on steam punk, rat rod, and mad max (homemade grill out of copper)..with some JD poured all over.. understand I wanted something that dragged..and pieces fell off (and they did)..
running a mild 350 but can certainly spin those tires
things to do are to button up the roof (I extended the cab 7 inches so I could sit in it.. put some 32 inch ATs on it..maybe clear coat for the wet look
she's got power steering and brakes..is very comfortable..and I'll be taking it to the beach soon.. people actually follow me..take pics and videos while driving down the road..
my first rat..whatcha think??
workin on bronco..and soon on my 69 big block Mach I..
bill

Attachments

• 2012-06-22_16_38_20.jpg
    2012-06-22_16_38_20.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 22
  • ResizedImage_1341940490066.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940490066.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 22
  • ResizedImage_1341940491004.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940491004.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 25
  • ResizedImage_1341940491397.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940491397.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 19
  • ResizedImage_1341940491819.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940491819.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 21
  • ResizedImage_1341940492215.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940492215.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 18
  • ResizedImage_1341940492765.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940492765.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 18
  • ResizedImage_1341940493162.jpg
    ResizedImage_1341940493162.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 19
more rambling

oh..it's on an '84 extended cab S10..with 2 1/2 inch wheel spacers...with reinforcedleaf springs... I still need to stiffen up the frame cause I have some twisting on uneven surfaces like turning into my up hill driveway..thinking a roll bar in the cab might help..the front end doesn't add any strength either..any ideas would be welcomed..I have absolutely no room under the hood..also I dropped the front to the ground as you can see..and I dropped (chaneled) the cab 5 inches lower by cutting the cab at the bottom of the doors..so I have a 5 inch cowl induction hahahah..but I had to get a custom radiator and electric fan..have about 3/4 clearance to pulleys.. it still overheated until I fab'd the cold air induction pipe coming out of the driver's side hood.. I wound't say its ram air though..but at 75 it really is stronger.. also I didn't want to replace that beautiful glass (bullet hole and all) so I made it a permanent sun visor.. this truck I believe was military.. the mileage was just 47K..its green..and at some point the truck was seriously over loaded..bed was bent and sign of welding the cab where it was broke due to the weight..it was hell getting the doors to shut but they do now..perfectly.. the pics were before I accomplished that.. I really would like to get together with some rat rodders here in north Alabama..just don't critic my first build too much hahahaha.. also I have a '50 chevy 1 1/2 ton with suicide duallys..want to drop it, shorten it and put a big block..the body has hardly no rust unlike the international..so will probably not cut it up so much..the internal was beyond help... and probaly paint the '50 hot rod black...be great for going to motorcyle rallys with my custom 2000 Victory (radical too with lineX bedliner paint, chopped, etc) that i've ridden all over the US and Canada..but at 50 years old and getting remarried soon I'm now gonna be one of those guys I used to make fun of...and ..ouch..hall it to sturgis and daytona..getting old sucks..gotta have toys..and a much younger wife!!!!!!!..guys I'm having soooo much fun building these things.. I spend 25 hrs a week in my garage...while still working a real job..my woman drinks beer and watches hahahaha..oh we broke the '47 in the "right" way a few weeks ago LOL..ok I've run out of s%%% to say...normal not this verbose but getting me on this subject.. oh, I'm an engineer by trade..

Welcome from New Mexico ! Bitchin' truck ! That windshield frame used as a visor kinda looks like a set of "flipped up"goggles. Very cool !

it has a bullet hole on passenger side windshield glass...can't see through it..but just could not remove something that cool.. with it as a shield and using flip up plexiglass I get lots of air..new term "rat hair"..and don't need wipers hahahaha

Latest posts

Back