‘52 Willys Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're going to have to sit the wife down now to tell her "No drag racing around town" :D
Ya'll did a fine job...

"They tell me this Mini Gen II unit will cool this small cab, No problem!??"
I've got the equivalent unit Southern Air in my 37 GMC also one installed in a 48 AD and I'm not totally satisfied with either one.
I'm interested in seen how the Vintage Air unit works in yours.
I don't know if you have installed Vintage Air before but, I can tell you the refrigerant charge volume they tell you is critical for it to operate correctly.

very nice!!!! love the color combo!!!

Thanks. The color's still growing on me. The blue never looks the same to me from one day to the next!?!!

You're going to have to sit the wife down now to tell her "No drag racing around town" :D
Ya'll did a fine job...

It's going to be interesting to see how she drives it. She has a tendency to have a heavy foot!! She says my old Dodge is too much if you can believe that.

"They tell me this Mini Gen II unit will cool this small cab, No problem!??"
I've got the equivalent unit Southern Air in my 37 GMC also one installed in a 48 AD and I'm not totally satisfied with either one.
I'm interested in seen how the Vintage Air unit works in yours.
I don't know if you have installed Vintage Air before but, I can tell you the refrigerant charge volume they tell you is critical for it to operate correctly.

I don't know what to expect really I've never used a Vintage Air unit. I hope it does the job. We will see and I'll let you know how it works.
Thanks for the heads up on the charge volume. My next issue is I don't have a vacuum system to evacuate the system. I'm thinking I'll check the oil volume in the compressor and just charge it. Everything is new.

Not evacuating the system leaves moisture in it. If you don't have the tools, take it to a pro. Its not that much money, and it will live longer and work better.

This truck is too nice to cut corners now.

I used to write the service lit for Freightliner HVAC among other things. The engineers and techs beat that into my little pea brain. :D

Vintage Air ships they're compressors already charged with the correct amount of oil.
It's a tag on the side whether or not it comes with the oil in it.

Sounds great! Leave the steering wheel off till it's ready to go. I see the missus out in the front yard spinning donuts...:D

Thanks all. I haven't had time to do much posting on this project lately.
Lots going on in our lives lately.
But we are still beatin on it.

Last edited:
Brides Willys

Progress.....
We got the head liner in and the interior finished up, the front and rear glass installed, the wiring finally wrapped up and she went for her first ride around the front of the house.

We still need to get the doors put together and hung and the transmission shifter installed.

We ordered a Lokar shifter the 29th of last month from Jegs and still haven't got it. They claim Lokar is back logged because of the Covid situation so I shift the trans by reaching thru the cover on the floor board.

Here's a video clip of her first ride after backing out of the shop. She seems pretty pleased with it so far.

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0CPO3swlrB5L5GIR848yBcGUg
Click on the small pic with the check mark.

Attachments

• IMG-2507.jpg
    IMG-2507.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-2508.jpg
    IMG-2508.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-2509.jpg
    IMG-2509.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-2513.jpg
    IMG-2513.jpg