Show Off Your Garage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost finished.After I get it wired I'll put the metal inside and all thats left is to move in.Today I'm going to put some grass seed in the ground.

Attachments

• DSC05292small.jpg
    DSC05292small.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 153
looks really good BigT..do you have a build thread on here for your truck in the pics?..that thing is sweet!

Nice roomy shop. The remodel looks outstanding. Is your shop pleasure only or do you run a business out of there?

It is just for me myself and I to use and abuse 40 by 80. I am going to put in a second floor above the Vett and truck this summer I hope. It will be a room 20ft by 25ft to show off my collectables and office space for me.[;) I do some small jobs for people. I am starting a 59 ford truck conversion this weekend. I am putting a 2003 crown vic suspension under it, that is what pictured in front of the bench. Then I have another s10 frame swap in a 1955 AD truck to do after the ford. So it is not a business but it helps to cover my habit of cars and such.

Big T.....nice place....

Wish I had been around when my barn was put up....doesn't have running water.....would really be nice....may do it but it's a long run to the barn from the house and there is no water line on the road it's sitting on...:((corner lot)..

I don't have a Rat Rod, I'm afraid. But I'm interested in garages -- especially what can be done with limited space and a modest budget. I've seen some of the garages from garagejournal.com on this site -- but if you're not familiar with them, you should pay the site a visit.

I live on a tiny 1/8-acre plot and my garage is never going to get any bigger than its 20x22 dimensions. I cleaned it up back in 2007, but then went through it starting in 2010 to try and make it as useful as possible. My investment is pretty low. I've spent about $3,500 on the place, not including tools. My lift came at the bargain price of $455, and I did the installation myself. In fact, I did everything in the garage myself. What you see is overwhelmingly second-hand, repurposed or home-made.

I call it the 12-Gauge Garage because of the second-hand Strong Hold cabinets I got for it. They're ridiculously overbuilt, rated for 1,900 pounds per shelf -- and they're made of 12-gauge steel.

frontczn.jpg

complianeb.jpg

newstuffhighup.jpg

sinkarea.jpg

alternativeangle1.jpg

nightempty.jpg

I don't have a Rat Rod, I'm afraid. But I'm interested in garages -- especially what can be done with limited space and a modest budget. I've seen some of the garages from garagejournal.com on this site -- but if you're not familiar with them, you should pay the site a visit.

Don't be afraid, rat rods are your friend. Neat setup, how do you keep it so clean?
Brian

Welcome Jack, I've been on GJ alot longer than I've been here..Have always loved your garage,I think I joined over there about the time you were doing the fence project..nice job on all of it..

Tim

Your garage is iconic! Been in a few magazines and all over the garage-a-holic forums! Very nicely done.

My shops aren't nice and pretty....

Farm shop-

8764d1c4.jpg

Derby shop- 3 stalls for cars, one just for motors, and one for odd ball jobs.

123.jpg

b418ac9c.jpg

C89349AE-B40F-4EBF-B00C-A3E1A520B7CC-16175-000006B2D9DBD58B.jpg

19134_264218853503_604958503_460306.jpg

And the new shop ( mainly for storage I mow the guys yard and he let's me use the shop and store cars)

4bfff4d4.jpg

8b4cc268.jpg

This is the part all my friends call organized chaos

F1F3F6B6-5A55-433C-ABF3-6FBD3F609437-16175-000006B35C4150A7.jpg

FD1BAA5A-F769-4866-872E-6ECF263F945C-16175-000006B3C1715725.jpg

And no this isn't all of it.....

Last edited:
This is 1/2 of our shop. My Son Don decided he needed more room for his projects so he now has the same size shop right next door. Dan and I share this one and this picture is a RARE time when it was actually clean and organized. :eek:

Don

shop.jpg

Latest posts

Back