The Bonehead Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where can you buy those skulls???

I make those and sell them. Current prices are $200.00 for a one off shift knob.

Ummmmm... you mean like one in this foto!?! If'n u ain't got a Bonehead shiftknob... u're rod ain't complete!!! Or how about this other one!!! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB

Attachments

• dashing.jpg
    dashing.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 168
  • cowskullz.jpg
    cowskullz.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 167
right on!!

I realize that I’m a little late in getting here, but wow man my hats off to you! nice ride. Your old truck is part of what got me here. Thanks for your time and work for the build post, Kinda what I’m need’n to get busy with the parts I’ve been scrounging up. Thanks a Million, and nice job. [cl

Well thanks Hank,
The truck was built quite a few years back and has been around. Tons of pictures have been scattered all over the WWW, and it has been to a bunch of car shows, and even brought home a few trophies. But it is always nice to have someone tell you, that they like what you have created.
Thanks.

great build

I find myself looking at this thread more and more, just like a couple other people.

Just a quick question about the leaf spring issue, as I am using explorer rear srpings, and they are solid mount front and rear with rubber isolators at each eye.

Did you have just the leaf springs or was there an added ladder bar that was causing the axle wrap issue or? What is the concensus on what should be done on a leaf spring only setup to prevent any spring destruction?

Thanks again for the build pics.

I switched over to a heavy spring, with a military wrap, and a traction bar made from an overload spring. I can launch it hard now with no problems. The original leaf spring was Jeep Wrangler, and the new one was custom 4 inch lift spring. Lucky I made the front spring mounts adjustable. It worked out well.

It appears you are running shackles in the rear, but the springs I got with the axle I'm using were setup for a solid front and rear mount, I imagine I should add some shackles in the rear at least?

I think I was just not seeing it correctly, they torched the rear bracket/shackles at the yard, looking at the suspension diagram, looks like they do have shackles on the rear, I jsut couldnt tell from the torched pieces I got, that that is what they were...

wow great pics ! love the j.d bottle lol was gonna do the same thing with my truck! Some amazing things youve made ! love all of it great work !!!!

Latest posts

Back