The Bonehead Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite tools in the shop, a "ring roller".

This is the kind of thing I usually make with it.
Roundcoppervanityinshop.jpg

ringroller3.jpg

i should have looked at this thread sooner i read the first 13 pages and my inspration came back for these old rust rods

oh and i added one thing to my bucket list i would like to see the bonehead truck in person

i should have looked at this thread sooner i read the first 13 pages and my inspration came back for these old rust rods

oh and i added one thing to my bucket list i would like to see the bonehead truck in person

I am surprised you have not seen it at Bo Huffs show in Utah, it is a regular there.

Your truck is a lot like my old chevy but on steroids! What a beast!!!!!!

I can't even tell you how fun this truck has been over the years. Always a head turner.

Nice truck

Hey Bonehead, nice truck. I found my cab in a barn under some hay. Just got lucky. I will have to ask for some advice down the road.

I switched over to a heavy spring, with a military wrap, and a traction bar made from an overload spring. I can launch it hard now with no problems. The original leaf spring was Jeep Wrangler, and the new one was custom 4 inch lift spring. Lucky I made the front spring mounts adjustable. It worked out well.

First, Sorry for bringing back such an old post.
As I read thru the build/posts, I thought about a PinionSnubber.
You could have added one w/o any change to your springs.
They are easy to install (IMO) and adjust.
OK, carry on.

Latest posts

Back