1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to work on the hood.
I guess that I have been awake during too many surgeries. Their prep is starting to wear off on me...........:eek: [;)[;):)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1572.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 27
Food for thought...This is going to be a long post.

I hesitate to post this pic but I am going to.
For those of you that have been following this thread you know that my vision from the start was to build a period style custom. Nothing newer than 1953-54 and using some of the styles(Chopped. Channeled. Frenched. Shaved.) that were common back then.
My touchstone was the Jack Rushton custom truck that was a 1941 2 door sedan that was cut off and converted to a pickup truck. I was not going for a clone. It was just a starting point.
In discussing my build with Rik Hoving over on his great site http://www.customcarchronicle.com/ I mentioned that I had thought about removing the running boards. Custom builders used to do this just prior to WW2 to make the cars look more steam lined.
In addition to being the foremost custom historian in the world Rik is also a talented artist that makes his living restyling cars via Photo shop for people that want to see what their car can look like prior to cutting them up. So he sent me this Pic to get an idea of what my truck would look like without the running boards and lowered about 2", which was already planned.
I really dig it............
Torchie

Attachments

• Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH03-vi.jpg
    Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH03-vi.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 50
I like the fenderless look and thought about leaving mine off. But I figured the rear fenders would get beat up. I could live without the chrome stone guards.
[cl[cl[P[cl[cl

I love it Torchie!!! Rik is real a master, i've been following your build over on the Custom Car Chronicle as well. I say keep the chrome stone guards. They are a period correct custom touch that you don't really see to much of now in days. [cl[cl

-Chris

I love it Torchie!!! Rik is real a master, i've been following your build over on the Custom Car Chronicle as well. I say keep the chrome stone guards. They are a period correct custom touch that you don't really see to much of now in days. [cl[cl

-Chris
He did a great job Chris. I posted the profile pic and he did one with the boards removed along with the WW and the apparently controversial stone guards.:eek: :)
I will most likely end up narrowing the width of the rear fenders if I don't use the running boards.
And I agree with you about the stone shields. Period correct and to my eye it gives it a more finished look.
Torchie

Here's my TCW
yes on no boards, yes on stone guards, yes on narrowing fenders. (guess i'm a yes man) Or it looks killer now[dr
Time to drive [cl

Thanks for all the comments gang.
The running board removal along with the WW really kick it up a notch or two on the custom level.
And as Bama said the stone guards will really pop when The truck is fully painted in the Dark Washington blue.
For now it's still only a photo shop pic............
Torchie.

Working on the hood.

No more sheet metal screws holding the hood together. [cl
A long way to go but it's a start.[;) [;) [;) [;)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1579.jpg
    IMG_1579.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 22
OOOOOOOOOOO Yeah [cl [dr [P :cool:

Hood looks great Torchie...nice work[cl[cl[cl

Glad to see you're still at it. looks good. missed your posts.

Thanks Gang. Still at it just not very fast.:) A few of you have noticed that I have this project for sale over on that other site.
Lookers but no takers yet. The comments have run the gamut from "It's a work of art" to "Well. It's not like what you are doing is that hard". Takes all kinds I guess.[S :D
I will keep plugging away at it as long as I am able.
Thanks for looking in on me..........
Torchie

Latest posts

Back