75 Chevelle wagon on a budget

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burners

Hello everyone. I'm introducing myself and my 1975 Chevelle station wagon project that I will, and have been, doing a resto-mod rebuild on over the coming months and years.. This is my primary family vehicle since I will need 6 seats for me, my wife and my four kids. I’ve never been a minivan person and anything (wagon wise) in current production is too small or too slow or is driving the wrong wheels. This particular station wagon has a lot of family history. It has been in our family for all but one year of its life. I grew up riding in it, it moved us (hauling a large trailer) from Washington to Arizona, I learned to drive in it, I helped rebuild my first engine for it and the list goes on. Finally it is my turn to raise my kids with the help of this unwavering member of our family. This old wagon has a lot of wear and use showing after 500,000 miles so it really needs some rebuilding. It's on its third engine and third transmission and celebrating its 40th birthday this year.

Here is what she looked like when I bought her from my Dad in 2011.
IMG_7620s.jpg

This is a nearly current shot.
sig%20pic.jpg

As for me, I’m an engineer involved in the automotive aftermarket. I’ve been a hot rodder for as long as I’ve been able to speak the words. Speed and horsepower could easily be my middle names. I’ll do my best to document the project as it proceeds. I’m more than willing to lend a technical hand when I can and I look forward to your help and input as well.

I love Wagons

Wagons are COOOL!!!
My Late Father had a 69 or 70 ford ltd with hideaway headlights.
He ran it until the 390 was so worn out it fouled plugs every week.
I still remember the day he sold it to scrapyard for 35 bucks even though it has been over 30 years ago:(
Nice wagon you have there.[cl

Thank you for your comments. I'll document things that I've already done as well as current work. At the moment I'm working to get a better blower fan so the A/C can cool the entire car better in this Texas heat. I'll show that in a little bit.

Here's what I did for the scallops. It's the first paint layout project I've ever attempted and I think it turned our pretty good.
Scallops%201.jpg

Scallops%202.jpg

I used four spray cans of Krylon satin.
Scallops%203.jpg

I think it turn out pretty good for a rookie.
Scallops.jpg

I just added some Philips LED tail light bulbs and discovered an interesting thing. Since I needed four bulbs total but only got two of the type I needed I just put the LEDs on the outside of the lens. It caused a sequential effect that I wasn't expecting but is pretty cool.
Check out the video.
https://youtu.be/Oda3xsi5UZE

Latest posts

Back