First build thread - The Rusty Whale

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 52 Belair I bought that was in a field. I have put floors in it, dropped in a 235, rebuilt front end with 3" drop springs, put new leaf springs in and flipped the main leaf. Long way to go but hope this thread keeps me rolling. Always looking for ideas, tips, and suggestions.

Going to post some pics if I can get this phone to work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 64
Had a few minutes so I went out and used the new bolt kit and connected the trunion to the transmission. Put some more peel and seal on the floor and got the LF backing plate and brakes back on. Probably would have got more done but I drank a couple beers while admiring my work too. LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 59
Had a few minutes so I went out and used the new bolt kit and connected the trunion to the transmission. Put some more peel and seal on the floor and got the LF backing plate and brakes back on. Probably would have got more done but I drank a couple beers while admiring my work too. LOL

Looks like your camera had a few beers too! :D

Went to a big swap meet today and found a cool pair of mirrors. Of course I didn't buy them right away and when I went back they were gone. :mad: did pick up a three port fuel block. Need to get my carbs rebuilt then try to fire her up.

More progress

Tore starter apart and got brushes and bushings to rebuild it. Took carbs apart and figured out which kits I need to order. Painted firewall, cleaned up one inner fender and painted it. Painted starter case and parts before putting together. Finished my steering column and bolted to dash. Problem has been humidity is so high paint won't dry. Couldn't put starter together yet. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
Been getting a few things done. Decided to go with the dual carb setup instead of triple. Got new manifold and started rebuilding the carbs. Had trouble with one but got some parts to fix it yesterday. Started fabing the floor shifter mount and bought this cool whale hood ornament.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 18
Shifter installed

Got my floor shifter installed. One carb rebuilt and hope to finish the second one tomorrow. Plan tomorrow is get intake and headers on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back