1969 F100 - The Lincoln marriage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenlegs

Well it seems Ive found myself another project. I thought I was thru but it seems there isnt a support group for modiholics and with my wifes blessing of 'you'll simply buy another one if you sell this one' its a green light, and now the introduction of characters to this union:

Blackie - 1969 F100 lwb Ranger
2lcbpfc.jpg

She was a tight truck but as fate would have it she was sitting next to a truck that caught fire, which in turn caught the front passenger tire on fire, burning on thru to the wire harness under the dash. The fire treated metal turned quick in the elements and it seemed she may never hit the open road again. So I bought her cheap and began the inner stuggle of should I , or shouldnt I. Damn those voices in my head.

And now the donor. 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
168tsns.jpg

to which I bought and began driving some two years ago, planting the seed for its transplant into something vintage. After all these cars have a 32 valve all aluminum engine, much like the cobra of the same year, front and rear independent suspension, and range 20 in MPG. Also, a stomp to the floor gets things in motion nicely.

Blackie was in need of a cab corner, so luckily I spyed one local and after a trip to a junk yard armed with a generator and cutoff wheel I had the part I needed. Next was to cut the cancer from blackie and match the parts.
35hnrq8.jpg

sffode.jpg

I still need to weld the repair panel in but Im wanting to wet sand blast things first. On to the dismantling of the truck:
2ns277s.jpg

I dont like the look of the LWB and thought I'd shorten things down a little:
Proposed cut to make a 7' bed:
25umv42.jpg

Bed floor removed:
34yei4n.jpg

Bed cut:
oi7mvo.jpg

I'm in...Don't tell my buddies I'm watching a Ford build but I like where you are going with this...[P

Man, I'd have a tough time tearing up that LSC. :eek: Always loved those cars. :cool: But that 32 valve engine would look good in a bumpside pickup. I'd hate to be the one to do all that wiring though. :eek:

That 32 valve engine would look good in a bumpside pickup. I'd hate to be the one to do all that wiring though. :eek:

I've heard it can be challenging!

And now the donor. 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSc to which I bought and began driving some two years ago, planting the seed for its transplant into something vintage. After all these cars have a 32 valve all aluminum engine, much like the cobra of the same year, front and rear independent suspension, and range 20 in MPG. Also, a stomp to the floor gets things in motion nicely.

For my real estate car I had a Lincoln Continental with that same engine! When I'd go on vacation I'd fill with premium & octane booster... that sucker would eat some kinda highway! Gonna make a great engine for your PU!!!

BoB

Attachments

• linc.jpg
    linc.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 14
A guy I know built a similar truck for another guy, left the body mostly alone but put in a Coyote and a Crown Vic front end. Just saw a video of the truck doing figure 8's the other day, pretty insane!

Got the bed put back together. Didnt want it to look like a SWB or a LWB, just a pickup bed.

2zi60j5.jpg

f56plt.jpg

Started with a little pressure sand washing/blasting. Im using a 3000psi 2.7 GPM washer with fine sand. Nothern Tools offers the sand wand kit. Ive done this before but with an industrial washer and had better results. Im going to try some coarser sand, and see if it helps. Paint remover helps also, but these cabs have so many edges it time consuming, and youve got to love the taste of sand.
t6pcht.jpg

vn1nvl.jpg

Latest posts

Back