What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Purlins are up. Metal suppliers gave us the bad news it'll be 2 weeks for delivery of steel. Can't imagine why...sumpin about storms and such...:rolleyes:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0567.jpg
    DSCN0567.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0574.jpg
    DSCN0574.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 106
Future plans are to add another half of the building to double it's size, make a partial 2nd floor and close it in. Right now, it's gonna be a shed until the house is finished. Junior will pull his camper under it and live there to finish the house.

Shed part is done...Jr said his knees are sufficiently sore to quit.:D
attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG]

Attachments

• DSCN0591.jpg
    DSCN0591.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0592.jpg
    DSCN0592.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0593.jpg
    DSCN0593.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 65
Today in Cranksville -22°F, sunny and clear with a moderate breeze...

Two of our five drivers surrendered their batteries to the cold. I changed one in the driveway. It was refreshing.

Mrs Tripper, her sister & her 21 yr old son & I went to Nawlins for 4 daze... some kinda fun!!! Christmas day we had a really killer brunch at the hotel & cruised the Quarter & had us a few more! These SAntas were hangin' out at an Irish pub... haha! We stay @ my fav hotel, The Royal Sonesta, right on Bourbon... it's a beautiful hotel, has killer music in the bar & they always deck it out in style! We also spent the night gambling on our way back in Lake Charles, La & I actually won $7.25. Anytime I walk away with most of my $$$... I consider it a win but I usually make up for any losses guzzlin' the free booze though! [ddd[ddd[ddd

Cheers ya'll!!!

BoB

Attachments

• hallway.jpg
    hallway.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 33
  • MrsTripper.jpg
    MrsTripper.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 35
  • santas.jpg
    santas.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 37
started some work on my 63 Fordson super Dexta tractor with my son...

Attachments

• IMGP9762.jpg
    IMGP9762.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP9763.jpg
    IMGP9763.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP9764.jpg
    IMGP9764.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 27
Dutch, while ya got it apart, get a template of the bell housing bolt pattern so you can have that SBC adapter ready for later...:D

Whoaa, Dutch and Small, you've got my attention now. I have some tractors apart in the shop and I'm going to put a Chrysler motor in a Massey-Harris. These tractors are a bit easier to hotrod as the motor sits in a belly tub and just a shaft connects to the transmission input shaft. Oh, the Chrysler motor is a 230 short head flathead six.

I Figured your feelers would come up when Dutch started throwin tractor pix around. I always wanted to hotrod one just never took the time. There's always a tractor or 3 laying around here so that's not the problem. I've seen what they have to go thru on some of the Ford stuff...basically provide a frame to work with.

Got back into the shop a little bit yesterday. Got the old rear suspension mostly removed from the '64 Chevy C10 that is up next for a turn-key build. Gonna be a solid little shop truck with a nice raked static drop and SBC/auto combo. Owner wants a easy & reliable driver, doesn't get much better...

Got back into the shop a little bit yesterday. Got the old rear suspension mostly removed from the '64 Chevy C10 that is up next for a turn-key build. Gonna be a solid little shop truck with a nice raked static drop and SBC/auto combo. Owner wants a easy & reliable driver, doesn't get much better...

How about a build thread.....[P[P

Latest posts

Back