Thinking about give'n up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, don't give up on it..thats a very cool, unique project..they don't eat much sittin in the corner..then it'll be there where the time is right to finish it..

regret

take it from someone who has been there and done that.

got divorced and sold all my car stuff one time and regretted that dumb move till this day:eek::eek::)mad::(

if it sittin' not hurting anything, LET IT SIT TILL YA FEEL BETTER, trust me on this topic, were what ya call experts.

Later :cool:

Don't give up on it!!!!
Mine has taken me almost 2 years [S and I expected less then 1 year.

I have taken a couple extended breaks on it, usually when I'm broke or discouraged, but it's nice to come back to it when you can.
That day your bored as heck.... You'll wish you had the project to tinker on for a bit!

I've been following your build and you've made some great progess. Don't make a hasty decision on something that you've put so much of yourself into. Only you can make the call, but you know that everyone on this board is pulling for you to keep it. Let us know if there something we can help with.

-Troy

don't give in you are doing a great build and you done so much from the starting point it would be a real shame to see it parted out.
If you can just take a brake from it hold on you will look back and thank yourself for doing so.

Yeah, like busteddrum said. If it's financial ya gotta do what ya gotta do but otherwise hang onto it! My Willys has sat for extended periods several times........as long as ten years without being touched :eek: I've been discouraged with it at times but I've never regretted not selling it :cool:

Your car is one of my favorite builds on RRR......step away if you must but don't part with it :)

Hang on to it. It really is about the building, and not so much about having it built. Its artistic expression and therapy in doing it. Once its done it starts to wear out, then the hurt'en starts. Relax, enjoy the ride of building it.

gold03

Thanks guys, its not about the money or the work just alota BS outside the car that has got me discouraged about just everything.
Don't want to start whinie'n about the chit but I guess we will see what the next few weeks bring.[P
Again thank you, I figured these would be the answers from you.

I commonly say that if it wernt for all of my projects I would probably be in jail. But I can appreciate where you are coming from. Right now I am working on the rod in my spare time because I just can't stand to work on the house anymore some days I get wore out with it and work on one of the bikes, then I go back to work on the house. By working on these other projects it help to clear my head of the troubles I am having, in the other projects and life in general. Try it start something new for a while long enough that all of the measurements and ideas that you currently have about your project are gone. Then come back to it with a new perspective possably new motivation.

By the way do your boys now how to work a shovel and if so how much do I have to feed/water them.

Know the feeling

Hang in there 'cause when you are cruisin' down the boulevard all the past will fly by. Sometimes just a break, vacation or what ever is needed. The build is definitely well worth finishing. Look away for awhile. Steve

Im going to be disappointed (along with many others)if you dont finish it man.. and come on you dont want to dissapoint all us random dudes on the internet ! haha

Just step back for a bit, and one day... be it a month, 6 months or years down the road you are going to walk past it and say to yourself.. damn that is going to look wild going down the road and be a blast to drive.. then you will get that urge to dive back into it

A lot of us have been through the same situation. I almost abandoned my rpu several times but decided I needed to finish just one car in my life so I have forced myself to stay at it, even with long periods of not getting much done. I have also had to discipline myself to not start 10 more projects that would distract me and never get done.

Latest posts

Back