Thinking about give'n up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again Guys, Thanks for all the pep talk along with all the PMs.
I won't bore you with details about what is and has happened the last few months just not that fun.
I have stepped away from this and many other projects through the years, finished a few and sold a few so I know what happens after its gone.
My give a phuck factor about this and a few other things I have just has gone way down and I really would like to see someone finish this thing one way or another. I asked what anyone thought it might be worth and I think I got my answer and as I thought myself its just about worthless to anyone but me, so...... I guess it will go out to pasture for a while.
Thanks for all kind words and advise you are a great bunch of guys.

Discouraged

I do undersand were ur comin from, im still on my first build and am now 6 months in to it and have already quit workin on it a few times, an come back to it later. As long as there is room around the shop or in the drive way, ya can always just push it outa the way for another day. U mentioned uve built others- sold a few and finished a few, u know as well as the rest of us, once there built the real love for ur ride really shows.[S

serious stuff

seriously can't tell you how many times l wanted to sell the dodge truck after my son drowned. he and l worked on it shortly before his death and the truck was a consent reminder of what l had lost.

losing him, dad to cancer and my injury that led to my job loss and retirement all happened in a 3 year period.

after things in my life calmed down, l am so thankful that l did not sell the truck.

everyday l miss him, the truck has a lot of memories and helps me and a lot of people who knew Jimmy heal. either his brother or my grandson are getting the truck when l am "done" with it.

like to see the PUZZLE finished someday, l hope ya keep it.

Later :cool:

I almost bought a 38 just because I saw what you did with yours! But I have let stuff go before and sometimes it was better in the end. it is love hat. you hate to part with it cause you won't get your time and money back out of it. Then you love what it could be but hate all the work it takes to get there. Sometimes letting it go and not seeing it every day is better. Then there is stuff I will never let go of no matter what I am offered but they have sentimental value. Clear as Mud? If you decide to part with it (and I hope you don't) PM me. I am only 4 hours away. otherwise hang in there!

I`m a little closer than jfg and I too would be interested, if you decide to get rid of it. I think you have a very unique piece started there and I hope ya finish it and take it to the ol`skool roundup at the Nats at the fairgrounds.[cl

Let it sit if you have to.I have been working on my 53 Ford on and off as I can afford it and going through all the things that families go through for 15 years.Sometimes working on my car is what keeps me sane and other times I don't want anything to do with it.I guess my car is like a good dog,just lays around patiently waiting for me to play with it.

Went to my shop today and rolled it outside hope'n to spark some interest.
Didn't work, I just cleaned the shop and wished I didn't have to put it back in. So I took some pics as it sits today, oh ya, you guys that wanted me to shorten it up, well I did and it didn't help me at all. I need to move on.

Attachments

• march2nd 012 005.jpg
    march2nd 012 005.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 42
  • march2nd 012 003.jpg
    march2nd 012 003.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 38
  • march2nd 012 004.jpg
    march2nd 012 004.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 37
  • march2nd 012 001.jpg
    march2nd 012 001.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 43
  • march2nd 012 009.jpg
    march2nd 012 009.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 41
Sounds like you're not happy with it and don't know how to fix it. This is what I think I'd change. It sits tall. The rear wheels are too far forward, and I'd make 'em huge. Might not be able to ever fit in it though...

Section. Section with big wheels moved back. Major section.

Attachments

• march2nd-012-001aa.jpg
    march2nd-012-001aa.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 39
  • march2nd-012-001aab.jpg
    march2nd-012-001aab.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 39
  • march2nd-012-001aac.jpg
    march2nd-012-001aac.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for the photo shop Sam,[cl I like the last one, sorta, but a section job would be just to much for me at this time or anytime for that matter.
The truth is I am just not at all interested in this thing, it has dragged out way to long and I just can't get excited about it at all
I'm on a road to nowhere with it. I have other projects I am involved with that I have plans for and the time it has taken to get them where they are is so much more workable and keep the interest up. here are a couple pics, maybe it will explian more. All these have been taken from sart to pics that were taken yesterday in around 8 months.
Sorrry pics won't load.:(

(Had to change channel to section) Already channeled to the max.

Last edited:
try this.

Attachments

• Marks shop 005.jpg
    Marks shop 005.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Marks shop 009.jpg
    Marks shop 009.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Marks shop 004.jpg
    Marks shop 004.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Marks shop 003.jpg
    Marks shop 003.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 40
again

Attachments

• Marks shop 010.jpg
    Marks shop 010.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Marks shop 011.jpg
    Marks shop 011.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Marks shop 012.jpg
    Marks shop 012.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Marks shop 013.jpg
    Marks shop 013.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
The Puzzle has just gotta go. I have a plan for a new one that I think all you guys will love and it could be done in a few months. I hope.
Here is another in the works, less the 6 months.

Attachments

• Marks shop 016.jpg
    Marks shop 016.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 24
  • Marks shop 019.jpg
    Marks shop 019.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Marks shop 020.jpg
    Marks shop 020.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Marks shop 021.jpg
    Marks shop 021.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
Didn't realize you had other projects. Sell it. Somebody has to want to finish it (besides me).

BTW, the other projects are sweet.

Now that I see the whole picture I understand, If your not into it then it is time to move on. I realy like the puzzle project and would hate to see it go away. I think it is saleable but trying to recover the time you have into it make selling that much harder. If you have room to store it then put it up on the block and move on.

The other projects are just part of it, I have always been a Kustom full bodied kinda guy and this was really my 1st try at a fenderless 30s type car.
Besides chopping a couple mod A's I have always stayed away from that type.
I might keep the rolling frame and just dump the body.
I am looking for a Crosley/Morris Minor or something like that SMALL Small 2dr of some sort. Anyone have anything to trade?

Dude, there is a car in the new Hot Rod Magazine (i think) that is very close to your car and looks really awesome. Check it out before you ditch it!

Zipper

Hey guys, the puzzle is on the back burner for a while and I won't be dumping it any to soon.
For the time being I am looking for a......wait for it........ wait[S

VOLVO 544
I have some very cool plans, I know it might be weird but when I get my hands on one I will fill you all in on it. You will love it I promise.[P

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJBIE9!z9)qn4BPUlSNK,kw~~60_12[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqZHJBIE9!z9)qn4BPUlSNK,kw~~60_12[1].jpg
    48 KB · Views: 9
Going the 40 ford route with it???

If I had that many projects, I'd be burnin out too..... good luck with them all..hope all the BS goes away for ya....:D

Latest posts

Back