Vegas Rat Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Has anyone seen this new Discovery show? I don't have discovery but I saw the Welderup cars and they're very high end cars that just happen to look ratty. Very well built stuff, the show might be cool if Discovery doesn't ruin it.

Havent heard of it, but now I'm curious. Gonna do a search on my "boob tube" tonight and see if I can catch an episode.

I've just watched a couple short clips of episodes and I'm already convinced they've screwed it up. Everything has to get done in 10 days. That sounds like the real world [S

I've just watched a couple short clips of episodes and I'm already convinced they've screwed it up. Everything has to get done in 10 days. That sounds like the real world [S

Exactly... maybe if we had 8-10 people working on it around the clock, right? Yea that sounds like reality...

My dad said he watched this the other day. He was saying most the builds were crappy looking rusted out junk ( read the typical stereotype for rat rod anymore) and there was one build that was done extremely well and even painted up. The guys on the show were giving the guy with the painted up car crap, saying the it wasn't a rat its a street rod and that's rats are suppose to be rusty and the rustier the better.

I think this show is gonna give rat rods an even worse name then they have now.

JMO

They give redneck hotrodders a bad name, do people really talk that way [S
No offence to anyone I'm just a left coast kinda guy :eek:

It's yet another show about people goofing off and trying to get their 15 minutes of fame, thinking they are actors. Destined to head down the same road as Fast and Loudmouth.....
Guess I'm a little cynical about these "reality car shows", I'd rather see how things are actually made and put together - but I guess that's just too boring to get good ratings - not sensational enuff......:(

It's a shame because shops like Welderup and Gas Monkey can and have made really great cars in the past. I saw all the Welderup stuff in person and it is very well made. Shows like these really make me lose all respect for them as builders though.

My dad said he watched this the other day. He was saying most the builds were crappy looking rusted out junk ( read the typical stereotype for rat rod anymore) and there was one build that was done extremely well and even painted up. The guys on the show were giving the guy with the painted up car crap, saying the it wasn't a rat its a street rod and that's rats are suppose to be rusty and the rustier the better.

I think this show is gonna give rat rods an even worse name then they have now.

That crappy looking rusted out junk is actually a bunch of well put together street rods that aren't painted, essentially. Saw them in person and their builds are incredible.

Latest posts

Back