Another (assumedly) Overpriced Auction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
potential

lookin' like a lot of potential in them there fields:eek:

but will go for way more than it is worth or for a fair price. l hope not to overpriced so regular working people could afford one or two as there is tons of good rod material there and l would hate to see it go to the crushers.

Later:cool:

Exactly right animal. Anything is worth just what someone is willing to pay on that day. If you want a bargain, go to an auction with restored cars. They usually bring less than half of what it costs to restore them. I saw a beautiful 36 Ford Phaeton roll through Mecham's and they had to beg to get 30,000. Or a sweet 60 Olds 98 ragtop for 10 grand. That won't even buy a good paint job.

Cost is one of the reasons for the popularity of Rat Rods.

They may be cheaper to build bob but have you looked at some of the prices that Rat Rods are bringing these days. :eek:
Any time you have to pay someone to do work for you on your car(or wooden boat or bike) project you are going to lose money in the end. I used to live by a very high end hot rod/restoration shop. They did a "Bullet" clone mustang for a guy. Beautiful car. He had over $80 Grand into it by his own admisson. He was begging trying to sell it for less than half that much.....
Build it your self and drive it.

Exactly right animal. Anything is worth just what someone is willing to pay on that day. If you want a bargain, go to an auction with restored cars. They usually bring less than half of what it costs to restore them. I saw a beautiful 36 Ford Phaeton roll through Mecham's and they had to beg to get 30,000. Or a sweet 60 Olds 98 ragtop for 10 grand. That won't even buy a good paint job.

Worth and sale price are two very different things. At auctions people get carried away and pay way more than they should just so someone else can't have it and because it was only $100 more at a time or $500 more at a time, before they know it, it's way overpriced.

The final selling price is what the buyer thinks it's worth to him,so in essence they are the same thing.
Seems to me there are plenty of projects in North America without having to get involved in auction fever so shouldn't be too much of a concern.
Makes my barn full worth more every auction so I say bring it on.[cl

There's two Cord's. Both will bring big bucks I'd say, but the all aluminum bodied Lincoln will probably be the highest one.

Most of the cars looked to be picked over. Most are four doors, so no real desirable ones there for the most part. The coupes, what there are of them, are pretty rough, too. Savable, but rough. Still, there will be stupid bidders paying too much. I doubt the prices will equal the Chevy auction, but will be more than most of us would pay.

I've got it bookmarked so I can watch how high they go.

My bad I see the date now , I got the add in august of last year .. I thought they already had it Enid Oklahoma . I could stay there all day just looking :)

There's two Cord's. Both will bring big bucks I'd say, but the all aluminum bodied Lincoln will probably be the highest one.

Most of the cars looked to be picked over. Most are four doors, so no real desirable ones there for the most part. The coupes, what there are of them, are pretty rough, too. Savable, but rough. Still, there will be stupid bidders paying too much. I doubt the prices will equal the Chevy auction, but will be more than most of us would pay.

I've got it bookmarked so I can watch how high they go.

There's 2 sets of pictures of a Cord but I think it's the same car. I think there's lots of rod fodder there, and I just enjoy looking in any case.

Here's a thought: Some of those cars Willowbilly would have to scrap because he wouldn't be able to find a buyer.

Latest posts

Back