My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finally starting to wind down my main projects on the farm & trying to get set up for the coupe build. I yanked these two motors out of my engine/tranny stash & have them in the que. I'm gonna use the baby Hemi for the coupe & have other one ready for my next build. Anyone know what the blue one is?!?

BoB

Attachments

• next.jpg
    next.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 103
My attention has finally gotten back on the coupe. Decided today to do a 5" toppin' choppin'! I PS'd it to see what I think &... I love it! Guess I better round up my old antique hacksaw! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 67
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 78
No sense in gettin in a hurry...:D

Tell me about it! When I looked at my 1st post on this build... 2012... didn't realize it was over 4 years ago. Guess time does fly when you're havin' fun! :D[cl[S[ddd

I'm gonna sell my ratty Nailhead powered '41 Ford pickumup but have decided to yank the quickchange rear end out for my Dodge coupe build.

Also want to make this kinda bomber bench seat...
http://www.rodauthority.com/news/making-a-bomber-seat-using-the-original-seat-frame/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=making-a-bomber-seat-using-the-original-seat-frame

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 76
So it truly begins & hopefully I can keep my ADD in check... I'd like this to be a short build. Of course I know it won't be but it doesn't hurt to lie to myself & try!

Last night I cut out the floorboards & trunk area. The 1st picture is the seat base I'll be using to make my bomber type seat. And here's the baby Hemi I'll be cleaning up as I go along. Gonna back it with a 700R4.

BoB

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 76
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 67
  • floorboards.jpg
    floorboards.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 65
  • bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 70
It looks to be in pretty good shape compared to the one I did a few years ago. The bomber bench seat is a great idea.

After pricing bomber seats, building some is looking like a great idea. Could justify a few tools out there in my shop gathering dust.

Latest posts

Back