Lil Tin Bucket - golf cart #3

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shined up the windshield frame, put it together and mounted it along with the top frame. Snapped on the top and its pretty much done :D.

Attachments

• DSC01085.jpg
    DSC01085.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01087.jpg
    DSC01087.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01090.jpg
    DSC01090.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC01094.jpg
    DSC01094.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 107
That's just way too cool. Really makes me want one. One thing that kinda bugs me but I also know why you did it that way as it's supposed to look like a T-Bucket. I almost feel like the hood doesn't come up far enough. Like there's not enough hood showing above the wheels or theres a little too much cowl there. But that's just me.

That's just way too cool. Really makes me want one. One thing that kinda bugs me but I also know why you did it that way as it's supposed to look like a T-Bucket. I almost feel like the hood doesn't come up far enough. Like there's not enough hood showing above the wheels or theres a little too much cowl there. But that's just me.

If there was an engine under there I might have made the hood higher or even done without. Personally, I wanted the hood and grille low to keep the look of the front end low, but there has to be some compromise to keep interior space usable so I ended up with the big drop on the cowl to transition down to hood level. Not so different from the early Model T design though...
I'm not looking for perfection, just having fun, after all, it's just a glorified go-kart...:cool:

Attachments

• ford-model-t-1306233807-593.jpg
    ford-model-t-1306233807-593.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 26
Looks great ZZ![cl Only thing I'd change is I'd put something behind the grill so you couldn't see through it.

I thought about that, maybe a frontal shot of a blown hemi :D:D

Looks very good, so how does it run out with those big tires and that good motor?

It really goes well, much better than when I had this motor and controller in the last cart (that's why I took them out). For this cart I upgraded the FNR switch to an HD one, 72 volt solonoid, and heavier 2 ga. primary wiring, plus got rid of the computer. Those changes made all the difference, now it takes off great and builds speed really well. The 5700 RPM motor is good for 25 MPH with the tiny stock tires, so 30 MPH should be no prob :):D

Couple more pics, that's for now, just got back from taking it to storage in Az for when I get down there for the winter.

Attachments

• DSC01096.jpg
    DSC01096.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01106.jpg
    DSC01106.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 82
I'm going to do some mods on my Hennway hotrod pickup in a couple days. I got tired of the wheels on it - not so many choices when I built it in 2006 for the Ford 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern so I settled on a set of Ultra Roca 17x9 and 15x8. The fronts were always too wide and the wrong offset but I built the fenders to cover them (wide).
Now I've got a set of American TTO 5 spokes in 17x9 and 15x5 going on it and I'm going to narrow and reshape the front fenders with more of a cutout on the front edge. Can't leave well enough alone....

Attachments

• june20 09 007.jpg
    june20 09 007.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 61
Sweet! Are you going to repaint it black too?

Heh, heh, naw, this one stays this color 2006 Ford Dark Cherry.

I can't imagine re-doing those fenders or trying to match the paint. Show us how you get it done.

It's actually the second time changing them, so the paint isnt that old (6 years...) and I still have some from the same batch - what could go wrong...[S

I'm going to do some mods on my Hennway hotrod pickup in a couple days. I got tired of the wheels on it - not so many choices when I built it in 2006.

Rodder... I haven't seen this truck before! That is *gorgeous*... got any more photos for us?!? [dr[dr[dr

BoB

Rodder... I haven't seen this truck before! That is *gorgeous*... got any more photos for us?!? [dr[dr[dr

BoB

Yep, built it 10 years ago, some day I should do a build thread if people can tolerate another shiny rod...:cool:

New Americans mounted up, you can see how far the fronts are tucked in now, need to remove the excess from the width, about 2" per side.

Attachments

• DSC01123.jpg
    DSC01123.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01125.jpg
    DSC01125.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01128.jpg
    DSC01128.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01129.jpg
    DSC01129.jpg