Benefits of owning a rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
A friend of mine works in the aerospace industry. His daily driver is a 68' Chevelle rust bucket. I mean the car is RUSTY!. Both front fenders have rust in the lower corners. He cut the rust out but never put in the patch panels. All the wheel lips have rotted through. The vinyl top has peeled off and the surface rust on the roof is exposed. The light green paint has faded and is oxidized and there are various primer spots over the car.
However, the motor is a 454 with ported rectangular port heads, an Isky Magnum cam and a Victor Jr intake with an 850 Demon. He pounded out the inside rear wheelwells and can run 11" tires. The car has steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps.
Now for the benefits;
1. People in their Beemers and Benzs move out of his way (afraid of no insurance)
2. No one parks next to him at work or shopping.
3. No road rage because people or afraid of what he'll do.....
4. No one will steal his car.
5. No one stays in the lane next to him.

I, myself, have driven my 31' rat through Brentwood and Beverly Hills. The look of horror on those people is priceless...:D:D:D

Reason #7

If you spill your coke, drop your ice cream cone, or a lit cigarette, you don't have to pull over right away...You'll get to it...Eventually...Maybe...

If your girl will ride in it, you know she loves you!!
What if she rides in it because she loves the car and not you...:rolleyes:

Had a roomate who was 300+ lbs. He also had a Corvette. He met a girl who was a 10. She only rode with him in the Corvette. If he had his beater Newport, she suddenly had to wash her hair :mad:

How to clean a rat,,,,NOT

This spring I went up North to the big Autorama show in Salt Lake, I wandered around on the set-up day before the show and watched the shiny paint and chrome addicts laying on their backs with a tooth brush polishing the under side of the car, when I came over by the rat rodders display, they were hanging out, talking to people, and drinking :eek: adult beverages. Their cars sat in the same condition as they drove in the building, even though they had to drive in the rain to get to the show, Other than the :eek: Adult beverages, I felt I fit in with these people, and felt more welcome because of them. Yes, Rat Rodders Rule!!

Latest posts

Back