Good news yesterday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, as I sat there in the restaurant, what kept running through my mind was "D***, this is going to be embarrassing being taken out of here in an ambulance !" :( When I had my last stroke I was at work and I called my Son Dan to come drive me to the hospital because I wouldn't let them call 911.........strange things we do for vanity, huh ? :eek:

I'm really happy that I haven't had a headache in the past week or so. Having those was a pain (literally) and you guys might be right about the migraine thing.

Don

A little update: I had 3 MRI's a couple of weeks ago and today I went to the Neurologist to get the results. He has reversed his opinion, now that he has seen the MRI's, and said he does NOT feel I had a stroke ! [cl He said no tumors, bleeding, or signs of any stroke at all !:D

I also had an earlier appointment with my primary Dr this AM and he and the Neurologist said the same thing, my cholesterol is WAY too high, the bad Cholesterol that is. It is at 154 and they want to see 70, or I do run the risk of another stroke or heart attack. He gave me a prescription for medicine to lower the Cholesterol, and I have to cut out Big Macs ! :(

I asked why I had that vision problem at lunch, and he said he sees scarring on the back of my brain from the stroke I had in 1998, and maybe, as I age, my brain isn't able to compensate like it did at one time.

But in the meantime, the flowers smell better, life looks good, and I have an altered to finish !!

Don

Glad you're O.K. Beware that MOST ALL cholesterol medicine can have some pretty severe side effects. Your brain actually runs on cholesterol and needs it for proper function. Anyway, read up on it and be careful. Good luck, Bill.

I was sure your head was okay based on the licidity of your posts and the quality of your work. Glad to hear the Docs agree with me.:D

Don... I lowered mine by eating oatmeal every morning for 6 months!

BoB

Great to hear Don.
Agree with Bob on this as well. There are lots of different ways to lower your cholesterol. Since my little episodes this winter I am taking a handful of meds every morning,noon and night.:eek: Now that my vitals are getting better when I go back to my cardiologist in April I will talk to him about reducing or eliminating some meds if possible.
Stay strong.
Torchie.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. :D

Two weeks ago he did get me one Cholesterol medicine, and after 3 days I woke up and had the worst headache ever and it would not go away. Plus, my muscles were sore, so I researched the medicine and those were some of the side effects. So I quit taking it, but today he gave me a different prescription, so we will see how that works out.

Bob, I am also going to start eating a bowl of oatmeal or Cheerios in the morning instead of my usual roll with my coffee.

I sure an going to miss those Mc Doubles though ! :eek:

Don

Two weeks ago he did get me one Cholesterol medicine, and after 3 days I woke up and had the worst headache ever and it would not go away. Plus, my muscles were sore, so I researched the medicine and those were some of the side effects.

Don... I can't take statins either. They make my feet & hips ache something terrible so I had to change the way I eat. I also tried a different statin & Coenzyme Q10 which is supposed to help with that but didn't! After doing the oatmeal thing I clocked the best result in 15 years but after moving out here & having eggs nearly every morning my numbers started to creep back up so I'm on the eggs one day oatmeal the next diet... haha! [ddd

It's hell gittin' old!!! [ddd

BoB

Hey Don, had a bowl of oatmeal this morning, instead of my usual
3 eggs, fried potatoes, 1 biskit with sausage gravy.....:(:(
hope I can stick to this.....you gave me something to think about
we're not getting any younger..............

Great news Don!!!![cl[cl I take 2 pills for high cholesterol and the worst side effect that I have is hip pain if I walk a good distance. I'm with you on McDoubles, I still sneak one in on occasion.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back